• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Catalyst, Medium Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
Since salient bought out the design of the physical flight skirmish, it is only fitting the Catalyst get its own thread. Pics, Reviews and discussions of said bag can be found here as well as questions that need to be answered

The CATALYST, with a 12-18 disc capacity will be made of high quality cordura and ballistic nylon that has both horizontal and vertical disc storage.

Features are:

Dual bottle holders, padded/ventilated back, sternum straps, rubber feet, sunglass/keys/wallet holder, water bladder and storage side pockets.

Price $119

Pre-ordering will open this week on www.salient-discs.com
Color choices to be announced when pre-orders go live.

where are the pics?

Now I'm going to have a real choice ahead of me...I was going to get matching Upper Park backpacks for my wife and daughter, but this thing is pretty dang nice as well. Hoping it comes in pink or purple!

thank you for the video, wish companies would be more proactive in that. no mini pocket right?

No mini pocket externally. There is a small inside pocket in the top zippered section that we use as a mini pocket. The production run will not change except for the logo on the front pouch and that may actually become a mini pocket between the pencil holders (99% that will happen).

Pics will be up this weekend on the website. You can expect our round Salient logo that is small. No website or anything like that on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 226
  • image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 187
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 183
No mini pocket externally. There is a small inside pocket in the top zippered section that we use as a mini pocket. The production run will not change except for the logo on the front pouch and that may actually become a mini pocket between the pencil holders (99% that will happen).

I like the idea of a mini pocket in between the pencil holders, that will make that area not look so plain.

Awesome! I was struggling with paying $180+ for a backpack, but I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from preordering a Catalyst.

We are all about making disc golf affordable for everyone. A stand carry bag in ball golf is around $120 so why can't a disc golf bag be similar priced? It can be hence the reason the catalyst was made.

The production run will not change except for the logo on the front pouch and that may actually become a mini pocket between the pencil holders (99% that will happen).

:clap: Wow Chris! If you can swing it to get a mini pocket on there that would be outstanding!

I don't know if others feel the same way, but for me an external mini pocket is essential on a DG bag. If there is any way to swing it without affecting the $120 price tag I would highly recommend it. I may actually need to pick one of these up in addition to my 2nd Run Contender and Mahal if it gets a mini pocket too.

Either way it's an amazing bag, but a mini pocket would really push it over the top. Here's hoping :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.