• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Catalyst, Medium Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
Looking forward to some user reviews. Been looking at upgrading to a back pack style bag, and didn't want to have to get a 2nd mortgage on the house.

sure thing. I will do a review myself and put it in my sig when the time comes for anyone to check out

Not yet. Pre orders still need to get here and have priority. Basically that changed price means pre orders are over and once the bags get here you can still get a bag for yourself but at an increased price. Total still only comes to 150 with shipping

Can you shed some light on why the decision was made to change the price before the pre-orders were delivered? It seems that we're still in the pre-order phase because nothing has been delivered yet. Wouldn't it have made more sense to take pre-orders up until the time you guys actually had the bags?

Can you shed some light on why the decision was made to change the price before the pre-orders were delivered? It seems that we're still in the pre-order phase because nothing has been delivered yet. Wouldn't it have made more sense to take pre-orders up until the time you guys actually had the bags?

Dude why don't you just quit being a dick, if you don't like the company or their products just say so and move on. Personally I'm tired of looking in on these threads and seeing you bitch and moan about every little thing that upsets you. It's one thing to be critical but it's another to blatantly continue to cast negative vibes on to a company the way you do.

Dude why don't you just quit being a dick, if you don't like the company or their products just say so and move on. Personally I'm tired of looking in on these threads and seeing you bitch and moan about every little thing that upsets you. It's one thing to be critical but it's another to blatantly continue to cast negative vibes on to a company the way you do.

What he said makes perfect logical business sense to me.

My guess (its exactly that a guess) was partly to provide funding/backing towards the first batch of bags, i would think you would want to get a good amount of pre orders in so you don't go and make 500 bags only to sell 150 and be left with a lot of bags and end up taking a loss.
Also for peoples willigness to purchase a bag knowing its going to be a while before they receive them, they wanted to reward them and sell the bag at a discounted price. That's just my personal opinion, if somebody more in the know thinks I'm completely off base just let me know.

dgfanatic- From what I can tell, you're a good guy. You've helped me with my issues. I have no complaints at all, to the contrary, I appreciate what you've done to explain the issues I have had in the past. Thanks for being a good ambassador for the sport and for Salient.

+1
Thanks for the updates and putting up with the haters dgfanatic.

I agree also, THANKS
Ignore the BS

To be completely honest, I was asking a legitimate question.

It seemed odd to me to change the pricing when they're still in what seems like a pre-order type state with the bag.

They don't have the bags yet. Why not keep the pre-order price until they have them in hand. When they ship out their first wave, then change to the regular price, as they have them in hand. You're rewarding people for ordering before you actually have the bag. If you change the price before you have the bag, then you're just changing the price to change the price.

To be fair, I was actually pretty nice with this question.

To be fair, I was actually pretty nice with this question.

...and The Boy Who Cried Wolf was legitimately concerned about the sheep. Unfortunately, reputations are hard to shake. I'm sure you know a disc company that has a similar problem on DGCR right now, too.

Anyway, KHud06 hit it right on the head. Pre-orders are to generate funds to pay for manufacturing/shipping. The problem is that these bags are literally coming on the slow boat from China and that makes the gap between production and actual in-stock sales over a month long. Things like video games or DVDs that are made by billion dollar companies can be produced in a day and go out to the stores overnight and that kinda skews the expectations of things like this.

Meh.

It's sort of how it is with Fox News. If you like Fox News, you hate people who hate on Fox News. If you hate Fox News, you hate people who like Fox News.

Lol. As someone who has to deal with fans of that network every day, that's actually a perfect analogy to Salient discussions here.

I actually feel like this is a legitimate question. I believe the financial reason was to secure some production and shipping funds. The marketing reason would be that these pre-ordering people got in on the "ground floor" of the operation. That floor was then closed on October 15th.

I also feel that there were alot of things that fell through I assume Chris wanted to have the bags earlier things happen (The inclusion of a free disc and the cut off of the preorder point to this)
With any business adventure especially ones in small nitch markets that involve foreign aspects there is room for alot of error.

I would LOVE to have my bag before my next (and most likely final for 2013) event but i have satisfied myself by considering it a Christmas present. Maybe if theres another delay well get a free shirt:clap:

Question - I noticed the banner at the top of the page for the Catalyst bag changed prices.
Does this mean they are available to the general public?

Yeah looks like it went from 119 to 139 :popcorn:

Hope that went to QC...

Any news on where the boat may be? I wasn't sure if you were able to track the cargo ships, like you can FedEx or USPS? This is just a question based solely on curiosity... not a big deal if there is no news to be had.

Any news on where the boat may be? I wasn't sure if you were able to track the cargo ships, like you can FedEx or USPS? This is just a question based solely on curiosity... not a big deal if there is no news to be had.

in hopes of thinking the same thing I asked Chris about this two days ago. unfortunately there is no way to track it on the sea. good news is he will be notified by a customs agent that the shipment arrived at port. from there it will travel to the company by truck. good news is port is only 2 hours away :) from there bags will begin shipping out. these were Chris' exact words

If they knew the name of the ship that the order was on, you actually could track it. There are free AIS ship tracking sites, and it allows you to track in vessel, whether its traveling or in port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts