• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Hey everybody,

can somebody do me a favor? It would be very cool if somebody who has the bag puts a thin XL or XXL jacket oder sweater rolled up in the sidepocket and take a short close up video or photo of how it fits in there and how much space there is in addition when it´s in. Also I would like to see how big the gaps are between the Go-get-it-pocket and the main compatement. The review I saw here was really good. But these two things i would like two see in detail.

thanks, Martin

Hey everybody,

can somebody do me a favor? It would be very cool if somebody who has the bag puts a thin XL or XXL jacket oder sweater rolled up in the sidepocket and take a short close up video or photo of how it fits in there and how much space there is in addition when it´s in. Also I would like to see how big the gaps are between the Go-get-it-pocket and the main compatement. The review I saw here was really good. But these two things i would like two see in detail.

thanks, Martin

I couldn't get a vid....

puma-hoodie-bag-1.jpg

2Q==

Hey everybody,

thanks, Martin

Id love to help you out but don't wear a XL or XXL so I am hoping one of the other guys on here might wear one and can help you out. I will see about the "gap" you are referring too. Are you just wondering how far away the go get it slot is from the main compartment?

No... in the videos online I couldn´t see any gap.. I only want to see that in order to know what I can put in there without fallin in the main if I don´t want to put putters in there.

without the firm insert that holds the putter the "go get it" slot is actually very big. You can adjust it to sit up flat or down into the main compartment. When loaded with discs it just sits on top of those. I will have a full video and pictures soon just had problems with the first one I did and its a very time consuming process.

The gap space is basically let it sit loose, up high or even against where the top pocket is so you don't lose any of that space.

it threw me off at first with how you could adjust the height of that slot. Personally I like it down vs up and the putters laying inwards vs flat plus you get a little more room out of the top zipper felt pocket with the GGS down and not Velcroed up to the top area.

Also regarding a XXL larger hoodie it likely will not fit. A slim sport jacket which has much less area when folded up fits very well though. I was not able to find room for a fur lined large hoodie(very big/fluffly) no matter what I did unless it sat behind/on top of the discs in the main compartment.

I don´t really need a big hoodie. For me it´s enough to carry a fleece shirt or a thin windstopper jacket. My brother has a grip and there I have the problem of getting a small amount of discs in the main when the side pockets are fully loaded. With the helix it´s then not that much of a problem cause i takes a little more discs-

Thanks for all your help

yeah the side pockets are not really impacted by the amount of discs you carry and if anything performs the best when the main compartment is full even with a towel or whatever taking up the extra space.

Thanks for helping him out AIM. I have been out working on a race car tonight so I have not been on my phone at all due to my grease covered hands. Definitely a thin jacket would fit but a thick hoodie would be tough to do. I'd have to check but I bet if you where forced to you could take the insert out of the go get it slot and then drop that compartment down to the low setting and then put a bigger jacket in there. Yes this would kinda make the felt pocket useless which is why I say if you were forced to you could.

I don't have grip bag to actually measure but believe the helix is shorter and wider for sure being it holds more discs in the main compartment.

Anybody have the dimensions of the helix vs the grip?

If I remember, I'll grab these when I swing into the shop at lunch today. Provided I have time. But I think AIM is right. It's a slightly shorter, fatter version of a grip.

It seems more floppy to me, though.

No dimensions, but here's a side by side. (My Grip, brother-in-laws Helix.)
Helix is definitely wider and more squatty. And most certainly deeper. It's a nice bag for sure, I was pretty impressed.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20140814_202456.jpg
    CYMERA_20140814_202456.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 153
Shout out to John E, Cam Todd, and MJ repping the Helix. Cam will most likely be carrying Ember tomorrow for a test drive.

I wore my Helix as well this weekend at the Deans Cup at USDGC. I had a few people ask me about it and i got to show it off but MJs red one is a really good looking bag.