• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Same Disc from Different Companies ??

tomkat

Bogey Member
Still new to this, but starting to venture into different brands of discs .... I have searched, but did not find a comprehensive listing anywhere of what companies share molds, or have their discs produced by other name brands ... it looks like Discraft and DGA are an example of this, but please correct me if it is not accurate, and then expand on the list of others that do the same ... it would make a good sticky for those coming in as well ...thanks!

Innova= Discmania

Trilogy= westside, Latitude 64, Dynamic discs

Vibram=Vibram

not sure on DGA and discraft. i thought they were seperate companies. could be wrong.

Discraft and dga

Innova also makes all the plastic for millenium, discmania, and hyzer bomb

Lattitude 64 makes dynamic discs and Westside discs

Gateway makes essential discs, fly high, and reptilian disc golf

MVP and axiom

That's all I can think off of the top of my head

Just to be clear, Trilogy is NOT a company. It's a nickname given to the co-operative efforts of three separate, independently operated companies: Latitude 64, Westside Discs, and Dynamic Discs. Latitude 64 manufactures the discs for the other two companies, but they do not share molds (as in same mold, different name depending on the brand).

Likewise, Discraft and DGA are separate companies but Discraft is contracted to manufacture all DGA's discs. At least a couple of DGA's discs are re-purposed Discraft molds. The Titanic putter, for example, is a Magnet (older ones still have Magnet tooling, don't know about newer ones).

Innova manufactures Discmania and Millennium (Hyzer Bomb brands some of the Millennium line). Some of those molds are shared or re-purposed.

I'm sure there are other companies with partnerships, I'm not clear about them so I won't speak to them.

One thing I always wondered about is why do the westside discs say made in Finland yet latitude and dynamic say Sweden? Does latitude have manufacturing in Finland?

Do the Trilogy companies share the same plastics but call them different names? I understand they don't have the same molds, but I'm wondering about the plastics they use.

For example, is there an Opto equivalent for DD or Westside discs?

I am familiar with Lat64's plastics, but I don't own any stuff from DD or Westside.

Do the Trilogy companies share the same plastics but call them different names? I understand they don't have the same molds, but I'm wondering about the plastics they use.

For example, is there an Opto equivalent for DD or Westside discs?

I am familiar with Lat64's plastics, but I don't own any stuff from DD or Westside.

Its all the same plastic, but each brand markets it with their own names. Maybe a LITTLE variation from brand to brand but not a lot.

There is no difference in MVP and Axiom plastic....but Axiom is an imprint instead of a separate company.

DGA seems to tweek Discraft plastic pretty hard though, they feel pretty different in the hand.

I think Yikun & Salient share molds, but market their discs with different names. Moose33 should know more about it.

Also, Millenium & Discmania use Innova bottom molds then put a different top with some of their discs. It's rumored that DGS's tsunami is an old predator mold. There's probably more ...