• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Antonio, Tx sub fighting our first championship course

I harbor ill will towards trees due to jealosy. My discs appear to find them highly attractive.

San Antonio Disc Club is behind this project and all the golfers down here are hoping that this gets approved. The article doesn't surprise me though. Homeowners opposing a course is nothing new.

This sounds very familiar. We went through the same thing when we proposed a course on the north Olympic Peninsula in Wash. state. A group of mis-informed local citizens formed a group just to fight disc golf. They said we were going to cut numerous trees and damage the few left with our discs. We were even going to bring in bulldozers to clear fairways. We were going to ruin the "serenity" of the park, even though there is a private shooting range adjacent to the park boundaries that is open 8 hrs. a day. I could go on but in the end the county commissioners lost their nads when the group threatened to vote them out in the up-coming election and they shelved it. To this day, very few use this 200 acre park. I ended up moving where there are courses. I hope you have better luck than we did.

why dont the homeowners see this interest in a park as a good thing? people jump onto the whole environMENTAL bandwagon too soon to see any potential good come from new parks.

forming a militia to combat disc golfers then threatening to vote out office holders is malicious. sounds like these people are in desperate need for SOMETHING in their lives. obviously they cant accept others enjoying theirs.

so instead of having a championship level course, which iirc, could be used to host national level tournements, funneling money into the local economy (disc golfers have to stay somewere, eat somewhere) they just want to keep trees and wildlife they didnt give a f*** about until someone wanted throw frisbees there.

What is the status of this right now? I have family in San Antonio and come down every other year to play. Would love to see a course of that caliber go in to complement some of the other great courses out there...like Live Oak.

hell, i wouldnt want a disc golf course in my backyard either....oh wait, i already have one..:D

Latest posts