• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say goodbye to 2009...Favorite Memories

Did you see Acefony get banned twice in a day?

TimG cleaned that up so quickly that this message is the only record of his breif existance, he was a spambot

After at first shaking my head at all of the excrutiating detail in the technique threads I finally dug in and actually tried to figure out the reason for the rut I've been in golf-wise, which initially at least is that I was locking my whole forearm. I'm erratic as h*ll at the moment, but am pretty sure I'm on the right track and I actually have some enthusiasm for improving my game again, and I have the folks here and at disc golf review to thank for that.

My favorite memory of 2009 was hitting a 175' deuce totally hungover and crushing my buddy at Earlewood in Columbia, SC. But overall this will be the year remembered as introducing me to my new addiction. How I am going to golf, work, ride my bike (100 mile Livestrong Challenge in '10) and keep my wife and kids from killing me I just don't know. But I'll manage. Thanks to everyone on this site that has educated me and helped me learn and improve. I hope to meet more of you on my travels this year. Have a good X-mas, New Year's, and please spend the $20 on a cab. I don't want to read about anyone leaving this world in the next week. And go throw some discs.

2009 ends with a let down. Mako is a fake, all the buzz about our glorius 10,000 member and it is bogus.
Mako is Bobby Hill from Texas who likes prop comedy and has a dog named ladybird (King of the Hill) Also, TimG said the IP address is from Tennesse

No Aces yet, but 2009 saw me hit the chastity belt on the Innova basket at #2 at Shawnee State Park. And I also shot my record low 21 on the same course for 6 under par for the little 9 holer. 6 birds and 3 pars. Not that I need one, but Gflap was my witness.

Meeting up and playing a couple rounds with Gflap from DGCR is another great DG highlight. What a small world (country) it can be sometimes.

And more courses are popping up in the 1 hour range from my house. It's not great, but it is more variety.

Be well in 2010 everyone. May the aces flow freely!

Highlights:
Being able to play random doubles at Brackett's Bluff every Wednesday, esp in the dark for the last 3 holes on a random rainy night.
Finding out how much I truly love a flat top roc.
Being gifted the following: a CE TL, CE Eagle, and a proline Firebird by some really great friends.
Coming to the conclusion that I'm better off trying to cycle through some dx drivers like valks, wraiths and teebirds instead of buying the "better" plastic.
Getting a "par" on hole #16 at Hornet's Nest original layout for the first time.
Laughing every time I get to hole 8 at any course, to a chorus of "what" from my friends that don't frequent this site.
Reading Full Metal whatever it was by ChristynBill.
Laughing at BrotherDave's posts, good stuff man.
That should be one of your low lights, I'm about as funny as having phone sex with a deaf girl. :\

March 14 - Taking the #1 tag(Thelonius the Monkey) at the deceased Woodstock Rocks course and then defending the win against two local pros in the afternoon round.

6960_g.jpg

March 31st - Crushing the 251ft ace for $$$ at Dubs. First place in Dubs also.

March 2009 was a pretty good month for me......... :hfive:

meeting tons of new buds.

Big one was getting the Meadow Ridge course done. Also doing 18 tee pads on the Canyon Course with 8 other people in one day... Thanks Bob Horning For the great place to play the sport we love.

Best out side of disc golf is three weeks strait working Fests (OCF (2 weeks) and NWSS). I get to see lots of great music and good friends.

Hippy007

My 2009 stats

335 rounds played @83 courses
2 aces
Its all about playing

70 new courses played
69 reviews written
Bronze (February), Silver (July), Gold (albeit for just for 24 hours in December)
Its also about writing the reviews

I think we peaked in 2009. Are their any current threads that are worthy of "best of 2010"? I don't think we need to start a new thread for this.
The new warning on old threads is cool, tim keeps adding more great features!

Despite the fact that there were no prominent thread wars, I will suggest the nomination of

Disc Golf throughout History

It peaked in the first two quarters, but I think it's worth a nod. God knows enough I put enough time in on it! :D

Latest posts