• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SDG- Sabattus, Maine

nash2000

Bogey Member
This is my local course, about 2 miles from home. I've played there just about every week since it was built. As of today, SDG features 3 full 18 hole courses and one 9 hole course which is catered for young kids, beginners and family gagathering. The over all landscape of the course is beautiful and the maintenance in my opinion is 2nd to none. I've played many of my home states course and enjoy everyone of them but SDG takes the cake for me. prideful owners, knowledgeable employees and a fantastic pro shop. If any of you are in the area, it's worth the drive to check out...maybe I'll see you there.

The over all landscape of the course is beautiful and the maintenance in my opinion is 2nd to none.

I've played over 300 courses and can confirm this is true. I've only been there once yet it's one of my favorite courses.

i agree except with three full courses.

its really two full courses, one of which has an alternate layout

It's awesome to see the idea of a big, p2p, multi-course venue work well and be successful. In many ways, these guys are pioneers in this regard. And they made it work virtually in the middle of nowhere in Sabattus, Maine(albeit close to the 95 corridor).

The kids/beginner 9-hole course here is amazing (the Owl) and the new pro shop expansion brings a level of class rarely seen in this sport. It's packed every time I go and for good reason.

I would agree: the scenery is amazing, landscaping top notch, tee-pads, signs, disc retrievers, pro-shop, entire site, etc... are all top notch.

However, I have to say that the "championship" level to the golf could be 25% better. That is to say that the courses themselves are good, but no where near my Top 30 courses played.

DSCJNKY

It is the best cared for complex I've been to. Really a great experience.

Eagle is one of the best courses in New England.