• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

seal skin socks

x 2. i love mine and ive been rocking mine for a year already. they serve great when u dont have shoes with goretex or when your feet are a lil chilly in the winter. mine are still going strong and worth every penny. dont cheap out and get the knock offs that REI sells . REI sells seal skinz too so id recommend just shelling out the few extra bucks.

do you all have the submerge or regular? How tall are they?

i recently got a pair with tourney winnings i cant beleive it took so long to get them i will prob get another pair when i get some more tourny winnings. they are great i hardly go without them after a rain

These are great. I always put mine on when things really get soaked out here. I've got good waterproof boots too, so that combination keeps my feet totally dry.Not sure how good they would be in non-waterproof shoes.

The only thing I noticed with non-waterproof shoes is the tendency for your feet to feel much cooler, and clammy if you don't have a sock under the skins.

Do your feet get real sweaty or are they allowed to breathe better than regualr socks?

I wouldn't say they get real sweaty, but they won't breathe as well as regular socks. For me, the trade off is worth it, considering the alternative. :thmbup:

no

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

I got my first pair of Sealskinz this year, and I have no clue how I used to do so much winter discing without them. :thmbup: :cool:

Things are amazing, and like the others said, worth every penny of their price tag.

I've got the Trekking socks which come up to just below the knee. I wear a pair of cotton socks under them and my feet stay super toasty even after a full day of discing in 20 degree weather and more than a foot of snow. Also, they're great for if there's slushy or icy wet conditions.

They won't keep your feet infinitely warm if your shoes get soaked in icy water, but your feet don't get wet and it's many times better than any other alternative I've found.

_40016649_paris203_ap.jpg

I feel sorry for you guys. Other than the wind and a day or two of storms the past month, I've been dealing with between 40-70 degree temps everyday. Where I live it doesn't really get cold until Feb, but things this year have just been crazy. I've been DGing in shortsleeves, shorts, with the occasional socker-sock or thermal longsleeve to fight the wind.

Then again... you don't have to deal with 2-3 months straight of 100-110 degree temp. Thank god for the ability to freeze water bottles and keep them in your trunk.

Eh, I like winter discing. To be honest, it's been really warm and un-snowy here this year. It's kinda of a freak non-winter. :\

Eh, I like winter discing. To be honest, it's been really warm and un-snowy here this year. It's kinda of a freak non-winter. :\

ya it's weird, we finally started getting some snow, and now its supposed to be 30-40 all week, but is definitely good discin' weather.

I got my first pair of Sealskinz this year, and I have no clue how I used to do so much winter discing without them. :thmbup: :cool:

Things are amazing, and like the others said, worth every penny of their price tag.

I've got the Trekking socks which come up to just below the knee. I wear a pair of cotton socks under them and my feet stay super toasty even after a full day of discing in 20 degree weather and more than a foot of snow. Also, they're great for if there's slushy or icy wet conditions.

They won't keep your feet infinitely warm if your shoes get soaked in icy water, but your feet don't get wet and it's many times better than any other alternative I've found.

This is exactly what i do too.

Same here Juke, 50 degrees in January before any snow at all is unheard of here in Chicago. Lucked out so far!

brettrice said:
Do your feet get real sweaty or are they allowed to breathe better than regualr socks?

Missed this question first go-around.

I don't really have too many problems with my feet getting sweaty in general, so I might not be the best person to answer this question but I don't really have any issues. With a pair of socks on under the Skinz, my feet seem to stay prefectly dry...the moisture seems to wick away pretty well.

Im very interested in these, but not for DG. I manage a car wash, and I spend up to 10 hours a day on my feet, often times soaked from the knees down. Right now I wear tall rubber boots to keep my feet dry, and they work great - but they're heavy, clunky, and not the most comfortable things to wear. What's the durability of these Seal Skinz? I'd have to wear them every day, and wash them every night. I can't afford a dozen pairs, but if I got three or four pairs and cycled them throughout the week, how long do you think they'd hold up?

Latest posts