• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Shallow Putters

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
I currently putt with MVP Atoms which I really like, except for the plastic. It's nice and grippy now, but when it's warmer, their firm/normal blend gets a little soft. What are some other fairly shallow putters out there? I've tried Cheifs and don't like Ringers.

Proto Colt if you can still find some and they were run in DX and XT plastics. I perfer/use the DX.

I dont use mine as my putting putter but I will use it for long approaches or long outside the circle runs at the basket.

FWIW, the Proto Colt replaced the Atom in my bag.

The magic of you like beadless. Was my go to shallow putter. Never liked the pure.

I have a feeling that by the time it's warm in Ann Arbor, Firm Electron will have been introduced.

The magic of you like beadless. Was my go to shallow putter. Never liked the pure.

Just the reverse for me. Didn't like the feeling of the Magic due to the "lip" of the disc. The Pure, on the other hand, has been great.

My vote is Pure.

I have a feeling that by the time it's warm in Ann Arbor, Firm Electron will have been introduced.

I hope so...I'm loving my Atoms, but the plastic seems to be only great for winter/fall. I would love a stiffer DX/Protege/S (Gateway) type blend from MVP. I might have to experiment with some other putters...

Don't forget about the one of the shallowest putters on the market, Vibram Summit. Has probably the smallest microbead I have ever encountered as well.

No love for the voodoo?

The white widow is similar to a magic. Putts nice too.

Pure is a great putter and thrower.

Pa1 is the most shallow putter I've ever held. It may be more OS than your looking for but it is by far the most comfortable putter I've held and the 350g plastic is perfect for warmer temps.

Isn't the shaman suppose to be a shallow magic? Then they made the war spear, an OS Shaman with a groove top? What do those that suggested Magic think of these?

Isn't the shaman suppose to be a shallow magic? Then they made the war spear, an OS Shaman with a groove top? What do those that suggested Magic think of these?

The shaman and warpspear both have the magic bottom. The shaman, along with the chief are both almost too shalloe to be putterish. The shaman is too US to be a good putter for me. The warspear is a glideless turd. Good for downhill shots. The serpent is also a magic bottom and while it is relatively shallow to its scale counterpart, it feels bigger in the hand thanks to the high shoulder.

The voodoo is a bit deeper.

What does the OP want flight wise?