• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

shark vs buzzz

Disc selection almosts seems to be like car buying - a matter of personal preference. I've spent a fair bit of money buying discs that had great reviews only to find I either can't throw them or they just don't feel right to me. Roc and Comet come to mind. Or maybe my form just sucks. :eek:

So it depends on how picky you are with the feel of the disc. Find someone at a course that has a Buzzz and give it a couple throws. To me the Buzzz feels very different the Roc and Shark which have more of a sharp edge on the bottom - not sure if it's technically a "bead". But I deal with it on the shark since I don't use it a lot and like the lines I get from it.

For me the Buzzz and Buzzz SS are pretty similar except the SS doesn't fade as much at the end.

If you love the shark may want to just try one in Pro or Star. But you may also love the Comet. It just didn't fit for me.

Disc selection almosts seems to be like car buying - a matter of personal preference.

I agree 100%, my only suggestion is if you plan on carrying 1 mid mold, make sure it can handle the wind without a lot of manipulation. That is why Rocs are so awesome, unless you are facing crazy wind, you could basically ignore the wind and still keep them within the circle.

That is the only weakness to the Buzzz: flat release + strong headwind = flip over

the shark is slower than the buzzz, and it has a much bulkier profile. except for some of the super flat rocs, innova does not have anything that rivals the buzzz in my opinion. I like to throw mids pretty hard with a power grip so for me those domey slow mids dont work

Disc selection almosts seems to be like car buying - a matter of personal preference. I've spent a fair bit of money buying discs that had great reviews only to find I either can't throw them or they just don't feel right to me. Roc and Comet come to mind. Or maybe my form just sucks. :eek:

So it depends on how picky you are with the feel of the disc. Find someone at a course that has a Buzzz and give it a couple throws. To me the Buzzz feels very different the Roc and Shark which have more of a sharp edge on the bottom - not sure if it's technically a "bead". But I deal with it on the shark since I don't use it a lot and like the lines I get from it.

For me the Buzzz and Buzzz SS are pretty similar except the SS doesn't fade as much at the end.

If you love the shark may want to just try one in Pro or Star. But you may also love the Comet. It just didn't fit for me.

I agree 100%, my only suggestion is if you plan on carrying 1 mid mold, make sure it can handle the wind without a lot of manipulation. That is why Rocs are so awesome, unless you are facing crazy wind, you could basically ignore the wind and still keep them within the circle.

That is the only weakness to the Buzzz: flat release + strong headwind = flip over

What these guys said. Keep trying mids until you find the ones you like the best. It doesn't mean you have to stick with them forever if you find something else you like/want to try something different.

I started with Rocs, went to a fresh rock/buzz/beat roc combo, now I'm carrying a pain,core,fuse.

Maybe my game would be better if I stuck with roc's or buzz's or whatever but I'm shooting about the same and don't feel like I miss my roc's (yes I do I'm in denial)

i had a roc didnt really like it, my buzzz is my best friend on the course, it keeps the lines the you throw it on, super controlable (is that a word? ha) nice hyzers not to intense, anything like that i recommend the buzzz for anyone, still debationg over getting an SS though