• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Sidewinder Thoughts?

Sidewinder thoughts?

• Total voters
I really like the sidewinder. I have three in my bag (one should probably come out) and two more on the shelf as backup. A couple of reasons why I find them useful:
1 - Great backhand roller disc. I have used them decently for that and seen two other guys roll 600 ft with them with a big sky roller.
2 - Great get out of trouble disc
4 - a disc you know will go right if you put some juice on it. I play a lot of places with water to the left so this is incredibly useful to not lose discs

Once you can throw well over 300 it really doesn't make sense to use this for anything short and straight. That is where a Roc or Buzzz come in.

Really like the Sidewinder. Easy disc to throw. I primarily use the Champ Sidewinder instead of the Sar version and carry a 168g and a 175g version in my bag. Versatile disc. Good for tailwinds, turnover shots, rollers, hitting a gap, air bounces, and straight line drives. Good hyzer flip potential out of the box. I use the heavier one primarily on 2 downhill straight tunnel shot holes.

Really like the Sidewinder. Easy disc to throw. I primarily use the Champ Sidewinder instead of the Sar version and carry a 168g and a 175g version in my bag. Versatile disc. Good for tailwinds, turnover shots, rollers, hitting a gap, air bounces, and straight line drives. Good hyzer flip potential out of the box. I use the heavier one primarily on 2 downhill straight tunnel shot holes.

Well, I can't add to that!

This was my favorite disc after I graduated from the archangel. I throw RHBH. Now I use it for long hyzer flips that flip and continue o the right. Works better for me and is more consistent than throwing a long anhyzer, plus it goes further.

I love it!!!
I drive long and straight with the ORC, and teebird

But my anny shots I use a sidewinder. I really dont like the feel of leopards and I cant throw them to well.
What i do with sidewinders other do with leopards.

i use a 150 on sharp hard turns anhyzers, and a mid 160s for long anny shots. i can adjust my angle if i want it to come back.

I have a first run mini star Sidewinder... I love it but its still a fairly stable disc, not as understable as some of the newer champ models..

sidewinder is a good disc. but there are plenty of discs out there that are more than capable to fill all its(sidewinder) roles and do even more. but as a disc to step-up to for beginners its great.

I liked them quite a lot when they first came out & carried a gummy Champ one for several years as my flippy long driver/roller. When the Monarch came out, it took over this role, as it is more comfortable in my hand & a shade less flippy.

I had a champ sidewidner for ahwile and i have to say...WORST DISC EVER MADE! Then i came across a star sidewinder, it was white, with a purple stamp, and i thought it looks baddass, so i kept it, after a throw or two, i realized that the star sidewinder was amazing and i now have 3 of them (2 in my bag, 1 as a backup).

So in conclusion...:
Champ Sidewinder = Sheeat
Star sidewinder = Amazing

I think Sidewinders are great for new players and for players who do not throw their discs with enough speed. One of my friends can't throw many fast drivers, but he actually does fairly well with his Champion Sidewinder (maybe 275ft - let's be honest, for many players this is a good number).

I have a beat to hell star that i use for major dog legs. Dont use it much but when i do its money.

I love all four of mine. I carry four in different weights and plastics. They make good rollers, hyzer-flip discs, and also help compensate for the fact im LHBH in this righty-world- at least I can control how my heavier ones turn over.

I hate it. I mich prefer Valks in various stages of wear.

I use it for long narrow tunnels that have a gentle right turn. I release it flat and it gently turns right and goes long. It's also good for rollers if there's not wind. I think it makes a good first distance driver but be prepared to put it in the specialty disc pile once you start turning it over too much.

I fell in love with my star SW when I got it b/c it was great for my noob cannon. I don't think it's squirrely (most common complaint I've heard) b/c I've grown up throwing it so I just know it so well.

It's a great beginner driver.

With me it is a love/hate relationship. I love to hate it when it is cantankerous and I hate to love it when it does me right because I do not know when it will cheat on me. Kind of like a bad woman. You love them but cannot understand why you stay with them.

I still have some breaking in to do on it. I suppose then I will know.

LOVE IT!

I owned three in Champion plastic that never did it for me. Then I got a 172g Star and fell in love. And never fell out of love once it beat in. It just promped me to buy a new one, 175g. The Sidewinder is a great disc for people like me who, for whatever reason, are unable to throw a forehand shot. I usually injure my shoulder on forehand drives and the Sidewinder gives me that big right turn(RHBH) with 300'+ distance.

I have remained satisfied with my 2 Star Sidewinders. Would never think to take either out of my bag and will be a sad day when one is lost.

Latest posts