• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Significant others and disc buying addictions

What does your significant other think of your disc buying addiction?

• Doesn't understand it at all and is vocal about it.

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Doesn't understand it at all and gives "the look" any time I mention intrest in a new disc.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Simply doesn't care how many discs you buy.

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Plays disc golf as well, so they understand.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Heck, they buy more discs then I do.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I am single, bring on the discs.

Votes: 18 17.6%

• Total voters
My wife has been fine with it and usually just laughs. Basically as long as I can store them in the garage(about 425 right now) while still leaving room for tools and her car in the winter I'm good. She even contributes to my habit at times and has traveled with me to a few tourneys. She has no interest in playing but doesn't mind it otherwise, I do keep our anniversary DG free but that's really about it. I'm also heavily involved with course maintenance and other stuff in the area so she really sees it a lot. She figures there could be a lot worse habits and she always knows where to find me (Pick a course!).

My woman gets mad at me because she thinks I'm addicted and she thinks I'm going to just totally get sick of disc golf soon.

Then again she's also glad that I actually play a lot, get use out of my discs and am spending time doing things that she doesn't hate me doing.

Also I've bought a lot of my plastic used from people here and some at Play It Again Sports (who has discs as of like...two weeks ago!?)

She also thinks that fly dye discs are really pretty when they fly. Too bad my best looking one is a destroyer that I shouldn't have even bought.

Oh well!

\/\/

My girl just gives me the, "You're really talking to me about disc golf again? I have yet to go with you STILL, and every other day you have at least one disc golf comment... Why?"

I get that whole statement from one look. Its amazing.

My wife has been fine with it and usually just laughs. Basically as long as I can store them in the garage(about 425 right now) while still leaving room for tools and her car in the winter I'm good. She even contributes to my habit at times and has traveled with me to a few tourneys. She has no interest in playing but doesn't mind it otherwise, I do keep our anniversary DG free but that's really about it. I'm also heavily involved with course maintenance and other stuff in the area so she really sees it a lot. She figures there could be a lot worse habits and she always knows where to find me (Pick a course!).

425 discs? Good greif man! My wife would kick me out of the house. I have 70, and she is not happy about that.

Well, my wife started playing and she really enjoys DG. She knows I don't smoke, drink, ball golf, fish, hunt, or chase other women, so she is happy with my one indulgence. I know -dull guy.

I was just at dg store browsing discs, I was holding a FLX Surge SS and a first run Z Stalker. I said, "Don't worry I don't really need another Stalker right now." To which she replied, " You don't really NEED any more discs right now."

I still ended up buying the Flx Surge SS.

Latest posts