• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Significant others and disc buying addictions

What does your significant other think of your disc buying addiction?

• Doesn't understand it at all and is vocal about it.

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Doesn't understand it at all and gives "the look" any time I mention intrest in a new disc.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Simply doesn't care how many discs you buy.

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Plays disc golf as well, so they understand.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Heck, they buy more discs then I do.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I am single, bring on the discs.

Votes: 18 17.6%

• Total voters
My fiance plays as well but doesn't want/need as many discs as I do. She's somewhere in between the middle two in the pool. I don't have too many, 9 and one on the way. I sometimes buy her new discs to make her feel speical too.

A side note, my other hobby is hunting/shooting, but I haven't had much time for that in college. Once I get to do more of that and she reallizes how expensive that is ($5 a round or $15-30 for a good sporting clays range, and $2.50-5.00 per box really adds up) she'll be happy when I choose to play disc golf.

thats why i like to tell her how much alcohol cost.

my wife was walking by and I asked what I should answer... she then gave me the standard :|"you're obsessed! I think you might be autistic because you get fixated on **** and it's all you can think about." true enough.

so the first choice then

When ever my wife bitches at me about buying a disc, or doing trades, I just ask her how much it cost to get her nails done every two weeks, and she usually shuts up after I bring that up, because she spends a heck of a lot more than I do.

With what she spends, I could buy a second set of quad shocks and a DX Wraith.

Don't I remember you saying something about liking your wife getting all dolled up? Bet you like her doing her nails a lot more than she likes you buying new plastic.:rolleyes:

Just bustin' yer balls Midnight!

My gf is just as addicted to the sport as I am, she's played 150 of the 151 courses on my played list with me, and has a claim to about a third of the 75 discs we have in out bags and around the apartment.

That's awesome Mashnut. I just started playing this summer and am trying to get my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years into it. Whenever I bought new disc(s) over the summer she would give me the look. Recently, she has been tagging along with the group I usually play with, she keeps score, sometimes films our shots, and will occasionally bring the discs I've given her and throw a few shots. Just the other day she actually played a full round of 18 holes and asked me what disc I think she would throw well.

She is also starting to appreciate how disc molds fly differently and how much farther my buddies and I can throw then her. She is tiny at 5 ft weighing 100 soaking wet and she may never throw as far as me but hopefully she continues to grow to like the sport because I see myself playing well into the future.

Last edited:
My gf is just as addicted to the sport as I am, she's played 150 of the 151 courses on my played list with me, and has a claim to about a third of the 75 discs we have in out bags and around the apartment.

Must be nice.... My wife will NEVER play with me....

She told me, "Discgolf has ruined your life!...."

I that point I usually hang my head down in shame, ball-up in a fetal position and start crying.

my wife was walking by and I asked what I should answer... she then gave me the standard :|"you're obsessed! I think you might be autistic because you get fixated on **** and it's all you can think about." true enough.

so the first choice then

Wow. I think we may be married to the same woman.

I like this poll though it kinda makes me depressed since I have to answer single. Then again it also means I have more money to buy discs. WOOT!

Must be nice.... My wife will NEVER play with me....

She told me, "Discgolf has ruined your life!...."

I that point I usually hang my head down in shame, ball-up in a fetal position and start crying.

Truly unfortunate that she would say that. Pick yourself off the floor and go throw some discs! We all know that she doesn't really mean that.

I have a PO Box so most of my purchases aren't seen at first. My girlfriend tries to complain, but I have told her point blank that my money is just that, mine! I will spend it on whatever I want. Didn't sit to well with her at first, but I pay all the household bills out of my own pocket and if I want something I figure out how to get it.
She gets me back though, I have been waiting for a Mach III for my birthday for 4 years now. Promises, promises.:mad:

Mine told me, "Either give up Disc Golf or give me up!"

Sometimes, I really miss that b*tch!

Just kidding. My girlfriend has a boot collection that would probably pay off the national debt. Funny thing is, in the ten years we've been together, I've only seen her wear boots maybe six times.

She's never said a word or given me the "look". The only thing she gets mad about is the fact that I try to pay for everything when we go out. I think she likes the idea of being an "independent woman".

Woodpecker

My wife encourages me to play. Gets me outta the house and outta her hair!!
As far as buying discs, she doesn't really care, as long as she can buy a new pocketbook or pair of shoes:(

Don't I remember you saying something about liking your wife getting all dolled up? Bet you like her doing her nails a lot more than she likes you buying new plastic.:rolleyes:

Just bustin' yer balls Midnight!

Yea your right. I am letting her spend $50 on her birthday to get all her nails done ,and get her hair done.

Since I have 70 discs , my wife doesn't think I need anymore. I am going to buy her a birthday present next week, and I am taking the motorcycle so I can get her present, and buy a disc for myself as well, and hide it in my saddle bags. When she goes to work, I will sneak the disc in the house and into my bag where she will never notice.

I am glad its her birthday , so I have a cover story to leave the house and buy a disc.

My fiance, who plays, just looks at me and says "You need help." and then proceeds to try to take a disc to where I hide the ones I really want from her or try to hand her down one of my back-up spares or DX discs.

I keep telling her when she takes 1, she is not helping my problem and she just says "well make sure you have 1 for me." which is difficult in itself because we both have very different arms; I am mid powered and she has no power, but for example, she liked a Banshee I got because it was "Pretty light blue and feels good in my hand."

"Pretty light blue and feels good in my hand."

You may need medical attention for that one... >.<

My gf plays so she understands. But she gets mad at me when I buy a new disc and she doens't get one.

I've been playing over 12 years, my wife has been playing for the 2.5 years we have been together. She eclipsed my number of courses played on her trip to am worlds. I counted the discs in our spare "disc" room last sunday. 199 not including the 12 putters in the back yard, our bags or whatever she has floating around in her car. I'm positive she "owns" the majority of those discs. The crazy thing is. She still buys new ones. Granted some of what we have are trophies and collectors or cool stamps we don't want to throw but still. Over 100 to pick from and she can't find what she wants. Of what we have in the room, a majority is unthrown and unmarked. I'm not complaining though, it is probably a small part of why I married her!

Oh, and with that many discs, we had both of our revo bags full of discs stolen and a full disc carrier along with my car stereo and anything else I had in my truck 7 months ago.

I've been playing over 12 years, my wife has been playing for the 2.5 years we have been together. She eclipsed my number of courses played on her trip to am worlds. I counted the discs in our spare "disc" room last sunday. 199 not including the 12 putters in the back yard, our bags or whatever she has floating around in her car. I'm positive she "owns" the majority of those discs. The crazy thing is. She still buys new ones. Granted some of what we have are trophies and collectors or cool stamps we don't want to throw but still. Over 100 to pick from and she can't find what she wants. Of what we have in the room, a majority is unthrown and unmarked. I'm not complaining though, it is probably a small part of why I married her!

Oh, and with that many discs, we had both of our revo bags full of discs stolen and a full disc carrier along with my car stereo and anything else I had in my truck 7 months ago.

That's one hell of a woman you've got there. Have fun getting out of debt. ;)

Latest posts