• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silver Series: The Open at Belton Mar 18-20

I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I really enjoyed this tournament last year.

Not the most picturesque course, but I really liked the design.

The final round brought out the classic Rick/Paul battle, where both of them began the final round with a significant lead over the rest of the field. Was a fun watch.

I liked watching the pros get humbled by trees. Or was that Tyler I'm thinking of?

This course is pretty open. There a few really challenging holes with tunnels and gaps. Today the mean start first and the wind is HOWLING here in DFW area. Weather.com says it's slightly less in Belton, but not much and should be pretty continuous throughout the men's round, slowing down shortly after the FPO tees off.

Bottom line is the MPO is facing tough conditions on an open course. Should be interesting.

I'm not certain about the 2022 season, but the Silver Series did have a trend for awhile that they live produced the FINAL round on DGN.

According to the Disc Golf Network website...Sunday Only - Combined MPO and FPO Broadcast 2:30pm ET.

CDick takes the lead with a bogey free round in windy conditions. Pretty impressive. After a solid overall in Waco, looks like he may be dialed in.

This course is pretty open. There a few really challenging holes with tunnels and gaps. Today the mean start first and the wind is HOWLING here in DFW area. Weather.com says it's slightly less in Belton, but not much and should be pretty continuous throughout the men's round, slowing down shortly after the FPO tees off.

Bottom line is the MPO is facing tough conditions on an open course. Should be interesting.

So the one I'm thinking of where people bitched about there being too many trees was Tyler? Man that was a fun one to watch.

CDick takes the lead with a bogey free round in windy conditions. Pretty impressive. After a solid overall in Waco, looks like he may be dialed in.

Opening round lead at Vegas, best round at Waco, and opening round lead today.

I don't think he is quite dialed in, but he's definitely close.

Hyped to see my boy Blær on the lead card for tomorrow. Kid's an amazing spin putter with 550'+ on course distance, by far the best rollers in Iceland and a sick midrange game.

His forehand is only just usable in comparison to these guys and he struggles with consistency (followed a ~1060 rated round up with a sub-1000 round in 3 back-to-back tournaments last year).

Hope he shows his A-game tomorrow.

Hyped to see my boy Blær on the lead card for tomorrow. Kid's an amazing spin putter with 550'+ on course distance, by far the best rollers in Iceland ...

Someone who throws good rollers in Iceland ought to be able to roll discs up the basket's pole on that Texas hard pan.

So no dogwood on the Texas swing this year? Lame.

The Dogwood course is at Lindsey Park in Tyler, which is where Texas States will be next weekend.

But it looks like next weekend they will be playing a new layout they are calling "The Thorn," which will be using holes from all three courses on that property (including Dogwood), a few holes that combine two holes from the same course, and some holes that use a tee from one course and play to a basket on one of the other courses. This design also allows for a lot of spectators.

If you have ever been on the property and played those courses, it's a fascinating layout. You can see the maps in the caddy book on the DGPT site. I will try to link it.

(I suppose I should also post this in the Texas States thread. :) )

https://www.dgpt.com/event/2022-texas-state-disc-golf-championships/

EllEstar said:
followed a ~1060 rated round up with a sub-1000 round in 3 back-to-back tournaments last year

Whelp, this feels prophetic in the worst way.

Someone who throws good rollers in Iceland ought to be able to roll discs up the basket's pole on that Texas hard pan.

Yeah, the running joke is that there's a great roller hole in Iceland, singular.