• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silver Series: The Open at Belton Mar 18-20

Think I'll skip these non Jomez tourneys. That final round had a commercial after like every hole. So annoying. I think it was primary the final round that was ruined though.

Most vivid memory of this tournament for me was C. Dick's putt on hole 9 of the finals. Best putt I've seen this year.

Most vivid memory of this tournament for me was C. Dick's putt on hole 9 of the finals. Best putt I've seen this year.

There were some great shots. Emerson's uphill forward throw in was amazing. Don't remember which hole that was, but worth a watch.

Looks like Gatekeeper is now putting out post-produced MPO coverage.

Guessing they were doing chase card. It's notable how much better this looks than DGN's production. DGN has some work to do if they want to get eyeballs -- I'll watch just about any DG coverage but the shaky camerawork with zero contrast combined with the NFL films soundtrack and the busted drive distance ticker kinda add up to amateur hour.

I actually didn't mind the DGPT coverage. It was filmed by the GK and Central Coast guys and I didn't notice any major issues with the quality.

I do find it interesting that the DGPT's announcement regarding post-produced coverage said they were getting help from GK and CCDG yet the coverage never once mentions those companies or shows their logos. It also mentions nothing about Gatekeeper providing additional coverage for Silver Series. Kinda feels like GK and CCDG are getting the **** end of the stick while Gatekeeper is allowed to continue growing it's brand.

I actually didn't mind the DGPT coverage. It was filmed by the GK and Central Coast guys and I didn't notice any major issues with the quality.

I do find it interesting that the DGPT's announcement regarding post-produced coverage said they were getting help from GK and CCDG yet the coverage never once mentions those companies or shows their logos. It also mentions nothing about Gatekeeper providing additional coverage for Silver Series. Kinda feels like GK and CCDG are getting the **** end of the stick while Gatekeeper is allowed to continue growing it's brand.

Its all about who you know and the court of public opinion. We geezers will remember that Betamax had a higher picture quality than VHS, and initially had a 100% market share. VHS however had a longer recording capacity (which could copy a full length movie at that time), and freely licensed its tech to other manufacturers. JVC made money off the tech, while Sony only thought to make money off the actual VCR's and tapes. Big mistake. Even when VHS started getting a foothold, Betamax was slow to adapt.

I think there are 4 main post pro companies right now, and if any want to be part of the long term scene, they best be making serious plans right now, because I think the next 2 years will decide which will be the Betamax of DG coverage. It may well just come down to the benjamins. Seems like everything always does.

Who else remembers the pre-blockbuster days when video stores were literally half VHS and half betamax?

I barely remember the blockbuster days....let alone the days before it was a thing.....

Come on now...blockbuster was still a thing about 10 years ago.

Of course, I remember the days before watching movies at home was subject to the networks. And Sunday night was Disney competing with 60 minutes.

Come on now...blockbuster was still a thing about 10 years ago.

Of course, I remember the days before watching movies at home was subject to the networks. And Sunday night was Disney competing with 60 minutes.

The only blockbuster anywhere near me closed when I was still in grade school. Maybe they held on longer in other parts of the country?

The only blockbuster anywhere near me closed when I was still in grade school. Maybe they held on longer in other parts of the country?

Maybe we should move this to the old farts only thread. :)

I guess you don't remember 5 1/4" floppy drives or 8-track tapes either huh? Dang whippersnappers...

...and Netflix was a DVD rental service through the mail. :popcorn:

Maybe we should move this to the old farts only thread. :)

I guess you don't remember 5 1/4" floppy drives or 8-track tapes either huh? Dang whippersnappers...

I remember those as the new technology. You can't say you are a real programmer unless you've spent hours listening to the rhythm of that oversized cassette tape bouncing back and forth on an IBM 4400 mini computer.

I remember those as the new technology. You can't say you are a real programmer unless you've spent hours listening to the rhythm of that oversized cassette tape bouncing back and forth on an IBM 4400 mini computer.

come now...punch cards are the hot technology for programming

In 1983 I took intro to computer programming my freshman year. Typed in my program at the terminal, submitted to the mainframe to run. Waited 10 hours to find out...my colon should have been a semi-colon, so file did not even run. Fun times.

come now...punch cards are the hot technology for programming

Knowing how to program the punch card machine with punch cards to make it punch cards was the ultimate in meta-convenience.

Then, you had to draw that line across the stack so you could put them back in order if you dropped them.