• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silver Trusted Reviewers... the overlooked middle child

Hey just saw this thread and am here to announce: I'm a discgolf nerd and a record nerd and well just a nerd in general. Got more reviews to write (and planned courses to play), hoping to get to gold this year (if I can only get those darn uniques). Thanks to all you dedicated upvoters, I try to do my part as well. Have no downvotes yet but probably just jinxed myself...
Welcome to the Stuck in Silver Club! May your stay here be brief, your reviews thorough, and the friends you make along way last for ages!

90 last I checked. I'm at 51, gonna be a slow roll...

Last edited:
Welcome to the Stuck in Silver Club! May your stay here be brief, your reviews thorough, and the friends you make along way last for ages!
I like your style and would like to play some DG with you sir. Be sure to hit me up when you make it to MN.

Have no downvotes yet but probably just jinxed myself...
I was pretty upset for about 15 minutes but after that it was freeing. Chasing perfection is stressful for me.

Keep up the great reviews!

I was pretty upset for about 15 minutes but after that it was freeing. Chasing perfection is stressful for me.

Thank you sir. I'm trying my best...

I like your style and would like to play some DG with you sir. Be sure to hit me up when you make it to MN.
MN is definitely on my list of future trips. I'm kinda handcuffed at the moment having to take care of my elderly father for long trips, but I certainly have a long list of MN courses I want to play when I get the chance. Would love to bag a few courses with fellow members.

Indeed. I've written off the idea of getting to Diamond. I think the uniques for that is 250?
Yeah, I've been told it's 250 uniques. Which tells me there are a lot of people on this site that don't drop likes when they read reviews. lol Over 100'000 members, usually 3'000+ people on at any given time and we've got people stuck in the cubic zirconium zone for years.

Yeah, I've been told it's 250 uniques. Which tells me there are a lot of people on this site that don't drop likes when they read reviews. lol Over 100'000 members, usually 3'000+ people on at any given time and we've got people stuck in the cubic zirconium zone for years.
I've thought about this over the years. It took me a long time to get to bronze. Like, maybe 5 years? If you look at my thumbs/reviews over the years, from 2012 to today, what was happening early on was a lot more uniques, but less overall thumbs - maybe there were more regular users but they didn't log on as frequently? Then, especially after COVID, you notice that there are less uniques, but more thumbs, so it's like a core group of people got concentrated into a "usual suspects" type thing. So while I got up to gold, it was this post-covid bump in average thumb/review that really did it. My uniques were probably already locked in well before then. But NOW, along with our usual suspects (love em, am one), I think you're right, we have people reading but not dropping thumbs. Which begs the question, is that not an alluring feature of the site anymore? I mean it obviously is for some of us, but maybe the whole Post-COVID/Post-UDisc/Instant Gratification thing has shifted the overall paradigm in regards to what's driving people to the site and the type of participation they see worthwhile.

I'll digress...

MN is definitely on my list of future trips. I'm kinda handcuffed at the moment having to take care of my elderly father for long trips,

I feel your pain. I'm moving to MS soon to care for my mom. I will get to bag some nice courses around my old stomping grounds however, so I do look fwd to that.

i used to have 4 downvotes, now only 1, strange. did the new site remove them (banned user?), or did people change their votes?... pretty sure they didn't change their vote, cuz i remember 2 of the downvotes were for wallawalla, & so i remember those 2/7; now it's just 5helpfuls.

anyway, i'm silver & i like it.

Wait, how many uniques is it for gold?
I was curious to see those numbers too and just looked them up. Here you go....

Bronze: 10 Reviews, 100 Helpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters

Silver: 25 Reviews, 200 Helpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters

Gold: 35 Reviews, 350 Helpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters

Diamond: 60 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

I'm not positive if I should realign my expectations or not. I have 140 uniques, but only half of the necessary votes.

Maybe now is the right time to start mapping out a few DG road trips? That would likely give you a nice bump towards the diamond..
funny you say that, I've got one I'm planning in September. Maine to Mobile, AL and back. Might take a different way back. Depending on weather/variables I'm hoping to bag between 6 and a dozen courses.

That 200 unique voters is gonna be rough for me, maybe eventually. I don't even have the 75 to get to gold yet. But I've got enough reviews for Diamond and I'm about 60 or so helpful votes short of diamond as well. (Big shout out to my 10 loyal fans liking all my reviews!)

Last edited:

Latest posts