• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats (as of Feb. 2009)

Reviewer ratings are just as subjective as the reviewer's ratings.

Its all subjective. There is no way to guarantee what people will rate it. If the right people read it, you'll get thumbs up. If not, you'll get down or nothing, simple as that. I do think it would help to review courses that only a few people have played/reviewed. That way you get more exposure. If you review Flip City your review will be lost in a sea of others and probably not get seen to often.

For my own amusement, I dropped all the trusted reviewers into a spreadsheet to see what demographic stats emerged. This is just a very basic look, but I was curious:

Feb 21, 2009 TR State Breakdown:

Trusted Reviewers are spread across 21 states
  • CA, 3
  • FL, 1
  • GA, 2
  • KY, 3
  • MD, 1
  • MI, 4
  • MO, 1
  • MS, 1
  • NC, 5
  • NY, 2
  • NJ, 1
  • OH, 1
  • OR, 2
  • PA, 3
  • TN, 4
  • TX, 8
  • UT, 1
  • VA, 3
  • WA, 3
  • WI, 1
  • WY, 3
  • unlisted, 3

Give me some time, and I'll post an update.

Interesting there's only one trusted reviewer in this whole region with a high density of courses: IA, MN, WI, IL, IN and yet it has 3 of the top 10.

That was back in February. Now I know of at least 4 golds between WI and northern IL, I dont think I can think of any other golds in this region, but there are/were a few silvers (Superberry was one now booted back to bronze, and tomjulio was silver, but I am not sure if he was affected.

tomjulio is still silver. Only 8 silvers and 7 golds were effected by the recent change and since the gold/silver change was so small they should make that up quickly.

Latest posts