• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon Lizotte - Shouldn't HE be the best?

Darkhorse Gannon may need a bit more experience dealing with last round pressure in tight matches.

I don't know if I would call Buhr a dark horse anymore.
I feel like he's in the same category as Corey Ellis, Garrett Gurthie and Joel Freeman. They could win any week, but just aren't consistently finishing in the top 10.
Now if Ezra, Brodie Smith, Chandler Fry or Emerson Keith takes down a big tournament, I would call them dark horses!

We will find out, but he seems pretty cool under pressure to me, especially for his age.

I think he might be cool under pressure because of his age. When you're that young, you kinda don't give a chit. Beating guys twice your age is just fun.

I feel like he's in the same category as Corey Ellis, Garrett Gurthie and Joel Freeman. They could win any week, but just aren't consistently finishing in the top 10. Now if Ezra, Brodie Smith, Chandler Fry or Emerson Keith takes down a big tournament, I would call them dark horses!

Brodie Smith... Dark Horse... LOL! :hfive:

So if Brodie continues his rise and actually becomes a consistent winner, would he change his logo/branding? :p

I feel like he's in the same category as Corey Ellis, Garrett Gurthie and Joel Freeman. They could win any week, but just aren't consistently finishing in the top 10.
Now if Ezra, Brodie Smith, Chandler Fry or Emerson Keith takes down a big tournament, I would call them dark horses!

Buhr has actually finished top 10 in each of his last 8 events. Young man is showing great consistency across a wide variety of courses. He doesn't seem to have more than one down round per event, if that.

Buhr has actually finished top 10 in each of his last 8 events. Young man is showing great consistency across a wide variety of courses. He doesn't seem to have more than one down round per event, if that.

This level of consistency without the experience is what stands out to me and a strong indicator that he is on the verge of greatness.

This level of consistency without the experience is what stands out to me and a strong indicator that he is on the verge of greatness.

Yeah, it seems like Gannon is ready to breakout.

Then again I feel like Adam Hammes and Kyle Kline became top 10 players within the last few years, but now they can't seem to get a top 10 finish.

Then again I feel like Adam Hammes and Kyle Kline became top 10 players within the last few years, but now they can't seem to get a top 10 finish.

Hammes' issue lies solely with that hideous hitch in his forehand. It's just so ugly that it won't let him take the next step.

I know, I know... he has a great forehand. I just can't stand to watch it. It's like when AB had that double pump to his putt a few years ago. It just looked gross.

The thing about players under 25 is any semblance of consistency is constantly challenged due to growing physically and mentally along with their shifting educational and social environment.

In terms of ESs/former NT performance, Buhr's current season is shaping up to look similar to Kline 2021, perhaps trending better. Maybe even slightly better again than Hammes in 2021.

So lots of season(s) left & the jury is out, but it's definitely exciting to see someone so young rise so fast.

Also, this kind is roughly big Jerm's height and might have some growing to do. Regardless of his tournament placement it's going to be interesting to see his power potential as one of the tallest dudes out there and not even at physical peak.

In terms of ESs/former NT performance, Buhr's current season is shaping up to look similar to Kline 2021, perhaps trending better. Maybe even slightly better again than Hammes in 2021.

So lots of season(s) left & the jury is out, but it's definitely exciting to see someone so young rise so fast.

Also, this kind is roughly big Jerm's height and might have some growing to do. Regardless of his tournament placement it's going to be interesting to see his power potential as one of the tallest dudes out there and not even at physical peak.

I think one of the most important things its seems so far is that he doesnt seem obsessed with throwing far and crazy lines...he plays with a level head and maturity beyond his years.

The thing about players under 25 is any semblance of consistency is constantly challenged due to growing physically and mentally along with their shifting educational and social environment.

Thanks for calling me out and explaining my #1 issue... I know I have the capability to be 950+ rated, but I can't seem to figure out how to score each time I take the course, especially in tournaments.

On a topic related note, I've noticed I've gotten better since I cut out a lot of my "Simon" mode shots, and my putting is finally helping me instead of hurting me. Now all I need to do is put it all together for more than 9 holes.

Thanks for calling me out and explaining my #1 issue... I know I have the capability to be 950+ rated, but I can't seem to figure out how to score each time I take the course, especially in tournaments.

On a topic related note, I've noticed I've gotten better since I cut out a lot of my "Simon" mode shots, and my putting is finally helping me instead of hurting me. Now all I need to do is put it all together for more than 9 holes.

Playing "smart" golf goes against our nature. But, we can easily use 20/20 hindsight on where we lost strokes.

Reality is sometimes aggression pays and sometimes it does not. Some learn to thread the needle and some don't.

What works for be doesn't work for another.

You will have to figure out your own sweet spot. If you can find the right coach, they could help you with that process. Otherwise, you have to figure it out on your own.

How far away from 950 are you now? If it is only 2 or 3 strokes a round, then maybe playing more conservative will help you get there. If it is 8 or 9 strokes a round then maybe there are other tweeks necessary.

In all sports promising up and comers that DO NOT reach stardom outweigh ones that DO by a huge margin. I would say 20 to 1.

Schusterick reached stardom, just didn't stay there for as long as some. Injured shoulder has a lot to do with it. Was consistently one of the best disc golfers on the planet from 2010-2015 and won 3 USDGC titles. If that doesn't qualify as disc golf stardom I'm not sure what does. Had Schusterick's peak happened 5 years later he'd be every bit the household name that today's top throwers are.