• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon Lizotte - Shouldn't HE be the best?

Simon has been one of the absolute best throwers for a decade. Dude's finally working on becoming one of the best golfers, too. Look out world. I'm here for a golfer Simon Worlds win

Schusterick reached stardom, just didn't stay there for as long as some. Injured shoulder has a lot to do with it. Was consistently one of the best disc golfers on the planet from 2010-2015 and won 3 USDGC titles. If that doesn't qualify as disc golf stardom I'm not sure what does. Had Schusterick's peak happened 5 years later he'd be every bit the household name that today's top throwers are.

No, I didn't mean to imply that Schusterick wasn't a star. He was absolutely a star!:clap:

Simon has been one of the absolute best throwers for a decade. Dude's finally working on becoming one of the best golfers, too. Look out world. I'm here for a golfer Simon Worlds win

As someone said earlier in thread, diffusion of focus seems to have hampered him. Maybe it's fatherhood that will put him on track.

As someone said earlier in thread, diffusion of focus seems to have hampered him. Maybe it's fatherhood that will put him on track.

Feels unlikely. You have kids? My experience having a kid is that it diffused my focus on everything else. Everything else (work, success, hobbies) all feel less important. I'm also very involved in the hands on childcare. My experience isn't universal, simply pointing out that having a kid being the thing that motivates Will to become a top notch competitive disc golfer is far from guaranteed. It's been what, 5-6 years since he was competitive? That's a long time away to try and make a comeback from. I'd love to see it as a Will fan, but it's a long shot that we ever see him at the top of the pro tour leaderboard again.

Having a kid can do few positives:

More focus due to less time possible to allocate.
More good pressure to "provide"
More inspiration due having a more "full" life

There has definietly been other big rises to the top in other Sports Marit Bjoergen for one became super dominant only after having kids and for women that means a completly different thing.

Really hope Simon can find that good balance between his Simon lines and smart golf. If he can do this he can be very dangerous.

Isn´t Simons girlfriend a full time mom or what the PK term is. . But it must be easier on Simon than if she had a full time jobb.

For Simon it sounds like discgolf has allways been fun. . when he have fun on the course, , he has never been the "winning is everything" kind of player like Paul is

Feels unlikely. You have kids? My experience having a kid is that it diffused my focus on everything else. Everything else (work, success, hobbies) all feel less important. I'm also very involved in the hands on childcare. My experience isn't universal, simply pointing out that having a kid being the thing that motivates Will to become a top notch competitive disc golfer is far from guaranteed. It's been what, 5-6 years since he was competitive? That's a long time away to try and make a comeback from. I'd love to see it as a Will fan, but it's a long shot that we ever see him at the top of the pro tour leaderboard again.

I believe OP was referencing Simon, not Will.

Oooooo now I feel dumb. Yeah, being a parent now might be part of why his golf game is maturing.

Would be curious to see if Will's game would have grown in the same way if he and his wife hadn't been primarily focused on their child's significant health needs. I imagine he's been through a whole lot of maturing in non-DG ways.

Latest posts