Site Feature Request Thread

Feature request incoming...

Loading Downloading GIF

The ability to change the date played in one's course count.

I have some that have no date (throwback to V 1.0, I think the date played was not a field until about a year or two after I joined) and some that were added to the directory after I played them (see: Lake Marshall - Little Lambs).

Feature request incoming...

Loading Downloading GIF

The ability to change the date played in one's course count.

I have some that have no date (throwback to V 1.0, I think the date played was not a field until about a year or two after I joined) and some that were added to the directory after I played them (see: Lake Marshall - Little Lambs).
I like the date, it would be cool to be able to change it to be more correct. On my spreadsheet I built I attempted to put dates as much as I could. I have a good record of the last 8 years, but spotty before that. One some of the OG courses I played in the 80's and 90's I put when I played the tournament there as I use to play a tournament if I had not played the course yet.

Before a certain date, the only courses that have dates are the ones you reviewed and I think it's the review date. At some point, it changed to show the date first played for all the courses marked played after that date.

1707275655222.png

My earliest populated course played dates are 2013, although these dates were not listed until many years later (don't remember when exactly). I found it neat then (and still do) that that data was retrieved, and appreciate that bit of info.

To clarify the date played is recorded / populated when you check the course played button.

Alright, maybe someone's mentioned this in the past but I'm lazy, so at the risk of getting prerubed, something I think would be super cool would be to know when and which reviews get thumbs. Maybe just for reviews older than a year? My reasoning is I get the occasional thumb and the only way I know is by checking my stats (obsessively....for years). Thing is, I have to search thru the whole list and compare it to one I have written down to see which one got the thumb. Is this a thing others experience or am I just that weird? Perhaps this is an alert that I've turned off?

thanks to the admins for addressing my concern about Fairfield Park in NZ. it lead me to a realization about the new look of each course info page.

the first box below the tabs shows elevation, how wooded, # of holes, and # of baskets

in the case of the above course, there are not baskets, it is an object course. that is really misleading for any course that does not have baskets for targets.

this is probably a bigger change than the non-programmer realizes but it would be nice if that field didn't just automatically say "baskets" and took into account the actual type of targets on that course. or just replace "baskets" with "targets" to avoid confusion.

another thing i have really been missing is the old course search feature. we basically only have the course map version of the search now but i found the course list version to be really handy.

basically a list of all courses that you could limit and sort by any and all parameters, and preferably a list where each item takes up much less space than the current list or grid views.

i kinda feel like most of the crowd has just come to terms with the loss of all the features we used to have. am i the only one still holding out hope that these things will come back if we're vocal about it? if so then i can just shut up.

@dreadlock86 Have you tried turning off the map and just looking at the list? I don't use that much as I am just trying to figure out courses in the area I am heading and only use the map.

I don't know if you can sort them, I have not tried.

i'm using a computer and there is the map and then a list below but i don't see an option for turning off the map.

it's very possible that the things i'm looking to do are possible but i just haven't figured out where and how. for example, list all the courses in Texas sorted by rating.

i'm using a computer and there is the map and then a list below but i don't see an option for turning off the map.

it's very possible that the things i'm looking to do are possible but i just haven't figured out where and how. for example, list all the courses in Texas sorted by rating.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.28.06 AM.png

Use the filters, and you can do the exact query you mentioned.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 9.05.06 PM.png

I hope this helps, let me know if I've missed something.

Last edited:
Is there a way edit a round after it's saved on the app? I accidentally hit submit before entering our scores on hole 24 at a course today. Or do I have to do that on desktop?

@greens , thanks!

i was trying that search but with map view on it didn't give me the complete list.

the problem: the map view toggle does not display on my browser page. it is off the page to the left, there is no scroll bar, and i can't make the window any larger. i never saw it because it was never displayed.

What browser are you running? Any addons or ad blocker?

When I pulled it up I had the same problem. I went full screen and was able to do it and do the search he was asking about.

Chrome with AdBlock.

Is there a way edit a round after it's saved on the app? I accidentally hit submit before entering our scores on hole 24 at a course today. Or do I have to do that on desktop?
Currently, desktop only.

When I pulled it up I had the same problem. I went full screen and was able to do it and do the search he was asking about.

Chrome with AdBlock.
Duplicated, bug filed. Will let you know when a fix it pushed.

Latest posts