• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SkipAce Fantasy Disc Golf is BACK!

jvphobic

Double Eagle Member
http://www.SkipAce.com

We are new and improved this year. We have made a few changes to the scoring system. Instead of just picking the top 4 players like last year, we are using a salary cap system. So, for our standard league you get 6025 ratings points to pick all your players. 4 MPO & 2 FPO players.

For each MPO player your pick beats you get 1 point.
For each FPO player your pick beats you get 4 points.

People can create their own leagues where they can pick one of 4 different salary cap amounts for difficulty.

Please go and check it out and play along all year. The official season starts at the Gentleman's Club Challenge. But I added 1 "preseason" event for people to get a feeling of the site this weekend. After this weekend, I will clean out the preseason event and leave any other picks you make.

I will answer questions you have here. But, it should be pretty straight forward.

Sweet!

Anyway to make it more obvious when you're in your private league picks page and not the main league?

I am actually working on that. I hope to have a custom background option for some leagues. Right now it is just in testing. If you join the Ultiworld league, you will see they have a custom background. That is the only league I have done that for so far.

But, it IS on my list. So thanks for the input.

Signed up! As a patreon supporter - will that league password be sent out or only by request?

Site looks great!

If I get a group together and create a league - can we all start with the Memorial (or some future event)? I don't know if I can get everything set up by the GCC mid next week. I'm hoping that anytime you create a league, you can choose when the draft is? Or does this have to happen before the GCC / no new leagues after that?

If I get a group together and create a league - can we all start with the Memorial (or some future event)? I don't know if I can get everything set up by the GCC mid next week. I'm hoping that anytime you create a league, you can choose when the draft is? Or does this have to happen before the GCC / no new leagues after that?

You guys can start whenever you want. Remember there isn't any sort of "draft" so to speak. Each week you get to use your salary to draft any players you want. It doesn't matter if multiple players in your league all draft Ricky, thanks to the salary cap, everyone should have a good variety of other players.

So if you all agree to start at the Memorial, then so be it. Just get them signed up and ready to go.

When exactly do player selections "lock"? Just wondering how close to the event start time I can edit

I trust that I don't need to make picks for every event now?

Thank you so much for creating this btw! Love fantasy sports and had wished there were a disc golf option

Also, anyone up for creating a DGCR private league?

The first week of fantasy disc golf is in the books!

I noticed JVD, a.k.a. jvphobic, got off to a scorching hot start and made the top 10 leaderboard in multiple leagues including the SkipAce fantasy league and Uli's Picks. I also managed to sneak on the top 10 leaderboard for Uli's picks, tied for 7th and only 2 points behind jvphobic. How did everybody do this week? Did any other DGCR regulars make a top 10 leaderboard in any of the larger leagues?

Yeah, I had a good week of picks. And everyone knows I am not cheating because we announce my picks during Uli's picks, live on the broadcast! ;)

Hope you are all having fun with it.

Yeah, I had a good week of picks. And everyone knows I am not cheating because we announce my picks during Uli's picks, live on the broadcast! ;)

Hope you are all having fun with it.

Got it. Wait for John to announce picks, copy to skip ace.

Found this page a while back, looked like an email collection trap. Could use a "More Info" link describing how everything works.

I listened to the broadcast and heard all of the good picks. I would never accuse you of any foul play and I know you wouldn't consider cheating.

(T-Dogg on the other hand... not marking his lie to tap in during sanctioned play :eek: makes one question where the malfeasance ends... or is it just malfeasance for malfeasances's sake. <--sarcasm/bad joke font)

I did read on 'the facebook' about locking in players for future events before any ratings updates are applied, which is great for the added strategy. I was just wondering if a few players were able to select their weekly picks before any ratings cap was in place? I noticed a few top entries that had Ricky, Paul, Eagle, Simon, Paige, and Catrina... which is well over the 6025 cap. This was just in the SkipAce league and Uli's picks, I didn't join the money league so I don't know if this could be an issue there as well, where it would actually matter since it's for more than just bragging rights. I have seen some crazy things having played fantasy football for over 10 years, so I just thought I would bring it up.

Thanks for running this jvphobic, I'm definitely enjoying it all ready. It is nice to finally play without any entry and just enjoy the game while watching that amazing live coverage streamed right to my tv.