• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SkittleBomb technique thread

Taste the Rainbow

My latest dyes. I thought I used too much detergent in the mix but they turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• Skittlebomb Cyclone.jpg
    Skittlebomb Cyclone.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Skittlebomb Comet.jpg
    Skittlebomb Comet.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 107
Does the how-to video still exist somewhere? The link that was posted a few pages back no longer works.

Is the "SkittleBomb" an unused method now?

These posts are 9 years old and I cannot find ANY information ANYWHERE about this "SkittleBomb" disc dye method.. not even on YouTube.. and YouTube has EVERYTHING!
YouTube has every other disc dyeing method.

So was the SkittleBomb method something that didn't work out after all, and it's not done any longer? Any original pictures are not here.

These posts are 9 years old and I cannot find ANY information ANYWHERE about this "SkittleBomb" disc dye method.. not even on YouTube.. and YouTube has EVERYTHING!
YouTube has every other disc dyeing method.

So was the SkittleBomb method something that didn't work out after all, and it's not done any longer? Any original pictures are not here.

It definitely works. The reason you can't find anything is that the name was made up by Goosefraba1. I don't think it's been used outside of this forum.

Others have tried his technique (which even if the pics are gone, his instructions should be in this thread somewhere), with varying results.

From what I have seen no one quite perfected it the same way.

From page 2:

Alright.... in between patients..... You guys need to gather the following supplies:

Microwave
Blow (hair) dryer
Your favorite powder dye
hand soap
a tub of lard (not joking)
-Acetone (if no stamp on the disc)
styrofoam plates
small containers (i used my old punky colour containers)

Alright... a little more free time.

Step 1: So... what you are going to want to do first is find your white premium plastic (star, esp, neutron, GL-whatever billion other names trilogy has for it).

Step 2: Grab your small empty containers. You are going to first add about 2 tablespoons of lard to the small container. Then... throw this puppy in the microwave for about 1 minute. Get it out... stir with a toothpick... repeat.

You are going to want to have at least 3 small containers. I end up doing a red/pink batch, and blue batch, and a yellow batch.

Step 3: Add 2 tablespoons of whatever hand soap to each container (I use dollar general liquid soap).

Step 4: Add the powder dye to each container. Be careful not to mix any of the colors or get this junk on your countertop. I stir each one of these with a clean toothpick. You can at this time add a teaspoon of acetone if you choose... for me this changes the patterns that the dye makes later... but will also mess up a stamp if the disc has one. At this time... the dye mix should still be liquid.

Step 5: This is the easy one.... put the batch on a styrofoam plate... and then place in the refrigerator until hardened back to almost the lard consistency that you started with. Awesome.

Step 6: This is where the prep starts.... cover whichever table you use with some trashbags or some type of plastic to protect it from the dye. Super important.

Step 7: Place your white disc in the sink.

Step 8: I tend to only use 2 colors at a time normally... so grab 2 of the 3 jars. You want these to be primary colors so that they mix into other colors well (red/yellow=orange, blue/red=purple, blue/yellow=green). I use two clean spoons for this part. One for each color so that you don't dull your dye mixtures. Dab a spoon's worth of the first color over the disc.... then do the same with the second color. Try to focus most of the dye in the center.

Step 9: Grab your blow/hair dryer. This is the fun part! Start on low heat.... you are melting the colors together. Use high to blast the color around the edges. The excess dye will go down the drain. I normally have a small paint brush on hand just to help the melted dye mix hit all of the bare spots. Now, you are going to either keep these discs in the sink for the next 24 hours (if you have an awesome wife)... or you are going carefully place them on a styrofoam plate and keep them elsewhere.

Step 10: So... patiently wait on that dye to sink in. 24 hours later, you are ready! Start the dye removal process by first running hot water in the sink. I use an old toothbrush to scrub the dye while running the disc under the hot water. Be careful not to redye your badass looking disc. Also... use a paper towel to help remove any excess dye from the edges... or in the crease of the MVP discs.

I love this dye process. It will make the disc feel almost buttery smooth as an added bonus. Please feel free to post any setups or results in here.

*Again... if you are using this technique to sell discs on facebook, make sure to mention that you got this from DGCR.

Edit: I normally do a spin dye to top the look off..

11035502_799976430117264_3753379998165108469_n.jpg

This place be dead, yo.

But good to see ya around still.

Yes it is! I've noticed that the site doesn't get nearly as many reviews as it used to, the forums not nearly as much use. I think that the Facebook and Reddit has taken everybody. Udisc has taken most of the reviews.

Times have changed!

thanks for the post here. followed the entire thread and eventually figured out what you were doing after joining the forum group. i have plenty of dye, just need some lard. ill let you know when i have something to post. your information was very helpful. been using just about every other technique, lotion, shaving cream and most recently glue. all good mediums, this seems like an interesting application as well.

I just yesterday did a couple of dyes! It's been like 4 years since my last dyes, but today i'll see what comes out of them🙄

Will try to remember to post pics here but will most likely to post them to my new dyeing instagram-page, @taivaanrannanmaa_lari

Also did a few shaving cream dyes yesterday and I still got it😋

Latest posts