• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Sleeper Discs...

yeah both their line/millennium and DGA for DC are the shadows lol.

Salient discs is also worth checking out. The antidote midrange is really fun to throw and they just put out 2 new molds the backdraft and vein --with others in the works I hear. Great plastic too!
Avoid Salient like a case of herpes. Trust me now and thank me later. Besides, who the F would release a disc called the Vein? Worst name ever!

As far as "under the radar" discs go, the Daredevil Wolverine is a pretty good one. It'll take some beating in, but once you've done that it flies like a faster Eagle.

UB is really putting out some good stuff right now. Great plastic blends. Wasn't a huge fan of the Procul but the Monstrum and the Lex are getting rave reviews from those who are throwing them.

Really great fairway drivers that seemingly no one is throwing but totally should:

Legacy Patriot
Vibram Trak
Prodiscus Laseri
Discmania FD

All of the above... Amazing discs!

Why you gotta dis salient so hard. The antidote is a great disc. You gotta start somewhere as a new company and if you got hurt with their growing pains then don't buy their ****. I do not think you need to slander them and say their discs are no good for everyone else. Bygones brother.

Why you gotta dis salient so hard. The antidote is a great disc. You gotta start somewhere as a new company and if you got hurt with their growing pains then don't buy their ****. I do not think you need to slander them and say their discs are no good for everyone else. Bygones brother.

Your info says you've only been playing for a year...did you not witness the Salient fiasco that occurred?

I've never thrown one of their discs but based upon their first few releases (that ugly bag included) I doubt I'll ever try any of their products. If I meet you on the course and you let me throw one of them that's cool but otherwise no thank you.

EDIT: As discussed - Millennium, DGA and Legacy have most of the sleeper molds on the market. Some will say Discmania but I've been unhappy with most of their molds I've tried. To each their own. What slots or general flight patterns are you looking for? It's easier for us to answer specific questions than blurt out random answers:)

Last edited:
Over 400 rounds in a year so I've earned my right to an opinion about disc golf. Played through the winter in Pa with over a foot of snow. June 5th was my one year mark of playing. Besides I didn't just start living a year ago. Yes I am well aware of the fiasco and all I'm saying is sometimes you stumble out of the gate but that doesn't mean you'll never get your footing back. Ya they screwed up but they need a chance to redeem themselves and if they continue to screw up I'll jump in the boat with you and puckstopper

Avoid Salient like a case of herpes. Trust me now and thank me later. Besides, who the F would release a disc called the Vein? Worst name ever!

As far as "under the radar" discs go, the Daredevil Wolverine is a pretty good one. It'll take some beating in, but once you've done that it flies like a faster Eagle.
the Innova nova is the worst name ever. With a close second going to the epic, it should have been called "epic fail".

And another one on the Salient hate bandwagon, aren't you guys starting to feel a bit ridiculous yet? Put it to bed already, they've got some solid molds and their plastic blends are second to none!!

The Salient Prometheus is a great max D driver that has broken both my forehand and roller distance records
The Kastaplast Rask is a great thumber disc
The Paradigm Tiger is a sweet driver, very similar to a Teebird but in a RIDICULOUSLY gummy plastic
Wham-O 86 Softie is one of my favorite putters for uphill and anny putts
Legacy has a great line of discs right now altogether, however I would like to see them fill some gaps in their fairway driver options, more overstable options.
Almost forgot the Epic, horrible plastic, but I've gotten thumbers out to 550' with these, and I can't get anything else even close to that with my noodle arm!

Last edited:
Legacy - too many great molds to limit them. I've enjoyed the Patriot, Rival, Ghost, Gauge, and Bandit
ABC - Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon (FS is the best understable mid no one seems to throw)
Salient - Vein for sure (great, glidey overstable fairway driver)
Axiom - Envy (definitely worth a look)
Prodiscus - Jokeri and Midari (overstable putter and stable mid)

ABC Flying Squirrel. Fun disc, Comet like.

ABC - Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon (FS is the best understable mid no one seems to throw)

Another vote for ABC Flying Squirrel. True "out-of-the-box" understable mid-range, in premium plastic, that glides far. Comet-like, indeed, but understable, with a touch of LSS to make it very workable.

Crosslap Credo, great os putter

:thmbup:

It may be the best overstable putter on the market. The Advanced Credo is currently sold-out in the US (again)...but there are still some Basics available.

I love this disc. :)

A lot of people have also mentioned the Flying Squirrel, but I think the Lucky is definitely a superior disc and most people who have thrown both would agree. The plastic and glide are both better.

I wouldn't sleep with any of my discs. They're kinda hard and you'd run the risk of warping them if you accidentally laid on them. Maybe the new G*'s are soft enough though. Weird request....

A lot of people here have mentioned Legacy. But even the Legacy fans tend to not mention how awesome the Gauge is. Super straight and glidey with just a little bit of fade. It's the longest midrange I've thrown.

Millennium:
OLF's and JLS's -- seems the new generation of players don't know the greatness.

ABC:
Flying Squirell and Mission -- great mid ranges much like a comet/roc combo.

Vibram:
FIRM Sole and Medium Ibex -- Small bead Aviar and Buzz with better grip. :p (yeah i said it)

Gateway:
Warrior -- Awesome mid range, a DD Verdict years ahead of it's time.

Lat64:
Trident -- Unique overstable mid/fairway. Kind of like a longer Zone.

Discraft:
Hornet -- It's gaining popularity, but i still think this is the most underrated discraft disc. Super dependable and they beat in great.

Last edited: