• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Slightly US Putter

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am not familiar with the trilogy putters at all, do they have anything like that? Maiden looks stud/coltish.

As others said above, the Colt and Stud. Colts are a bit too understable for me, and definitely wear in to be too US, so I bag and use the Stud.

Star Colt would be the choice to help disc stay slight US as long as possible. The Innova Disc golf Pro Shop however does have a Champion XD+ and though the + mold is bad as a putter, XD+ works best as a Driving putter and distance as Short midrange to approach disc being the XD+ is almost a very slow midrange in the nose shape.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am not familiar with the trilogy putters at all, do they have anything like that? Maiden looks stud/coltish.

Maiden is going to start off a little more stable...closer to a Stud than a Colt.

I'm currently tinkering with Judges and they seem like they may worth considering for your criteria, too. They're beaded, shallow-ish (but not as shallow as a Maiden, Colt, or Stud), and come in a million plastic types. You should be able to beat a Prime Judge into your desired stability relatively quickly.

All that being said, I think a Colt is exactly what you're looking for. So unless you dislike Innova plastic, that's probably your best bet.

I really like the Plasma Proxy for something very straight but has the ability to hold a smoooooth anhyzer. I've been throwing Plasma Proxy's for about 2 years and they can start very straight, after a bit of use they can show some turn but not flippy. I have a couple that will hyzerflip to mild turn but hold so nice. Plasma Proxy is a disc I think a lot of players would like. I would rate it 3/3.5/-0.5/0/5 and when it works in the turn becomes a -1. I also like the Pa4 and Magic for US putters. but for throwing the mostly stable proxy handles the power better and so will have a longer smoother anny with a straighter finish instead of that knifing anny that can cut too much (or roll)

Star Colt would be the choice to help disc stay slight US as long as possible. The Innova Disc golf Pro Shop however does have a Champion XD+ and though the + mold is bad as a putter, XD+ works best as a Driving putter and distance as Short midrange to approach disc being the XD+ is almost a very slow midrange in the nose shape.

The Infinite Discs Cohort is allegedly an XD, so those interested might try that as an alternative to the Proshop and its exorbitant shipping rates.

You are describing the Focus at the most stable numbers though the Focus Doesn't have the glide and my Uncle has those for putting in Pro D as Soft X is the only other full production run. This same uncle his driving/approach putter is an Soft X APX...I think? Also a Magnet works for a driving putter but the mold now only comes in regular Pro D and Jawbreaker for production run. I recommend Pro D as Jawbreaker has very low durability, too bad the Soft Pro D is gone for the driving plastic. I can't really throw for distance a Magnet but I could do a short control midrange shot with the mold if need be.

The Colt is very similar to a disc I used for a Driving putter for a long time #2 Upshot, the good thing about the Colt is it is in more premium plastic then the Discraft discs I mentioned above.

Also can do what a different uncle does and use a putter like midrange for a driving putter, he has now a Star Spider for his driving putter slot and some longer putter stuff that he doesn't want to use his DX Spiders at that distance or speed as those are mostly putters and approach discs.

Wait......what? Can someone verify that Discraft is no longer making Soft Magnets? This is my primary putter and would put me on full scramble mode to stock pile these. I can find nothing that validates this information. PLEASE HELP.

Wait......what? Can someone verify that Discraft is no longer making Soft Magnets? This is my primary putter and would put me on full scramble mode to stock pile these. I can find nothing that validates this information. PLEASE HELP.

Never ever take anything Casey says as the truth.

Soft Magnets are currently still listed on the Discraft wholesale order forms and no weight ranges are marked as out-of-stock or unavailable. If they've decided to stop making them, it doesn't appear like they're going to run out of them anytime soon.

Soft Magnets are currently still listed on the Discraft wholesale order forms and no weight ranges are marked as out-of-stock or unavailable. If they've decided to stop making them, it doesn't appear like they're going to run out of them anytime soon.

Thanks JC. I appreciate the corroboration. I have always taken the high road with Casey, I am not so sure I will now.

But so is the Impact on the wholsale form and those are currently OOP but they have a few of the high weight discs (not what people want). I could not find the Soft Magnet for sale anywhere over 170 grams. I was told by Disc Golf Nerd the production of the Soft Magnet was currently not in stock, what Discraft is now calling OOP as Discraft just brought out a never made to production disc for Paul McBeth.

On further inspection the Soft Magnet it looks like it is now back in stock after disappearing for 6 months probably due to the Paul McBeth factor.

Last edited:
But so is the Impact on the wholsale form and those are currently OOP but they have a few of the high weight discs (not what people want). I could not find the Soft Magnet for sale anywhere over 170 grams. I was told by Disc Golf Nerd the production of the Soft Magnet was currently not in stock, what Discraft is now calling OOP as Discraft just brought out a never made to production disc for Paul McBeth.

On further inspection the Soft Magnet it looks like it is now back in stock after disappearing for 6 months probably due to the Paul McBeth factor.

giphy.gif

I was just as confused too, the plastic type was gone at one point when I was looking same with Disc Gof Nerd as he uses the plastic. The production must have stopped at one point due to the Paul McBeth factor as I could not find the disc mold on the site for 6 months as sometime in April it was not available in weights above the lowest set the mold comes in.

I was just as confused too, the plastic type was gone at one point when I was looking same with Disc Gof Nerd as he uses the plastic. The production must have stopped at one point due to the Paul McBeth factor as I could not find the disc mold on the site for 6 months as sometime in April it was not available in weights above the lowest set the mold comes in.

How about this. You don't just come onto this forum and make **** up. I understand that today's social media requires no responsibility for what you write, but for christ sake, THINK. You are in an equipment>disc section of the forum. If you want to spew crap go to the social pages of the forum and carry on with your gibberish. :wall::wall::wall::wall: :mad:

How about this. You don't just come onto this forum and make **** up. I understand that today's social media requires no responsibility for what you write, but for christ sake, THINK. You are in an equipment>disc section of the forum. If you want to spew crap go to the social pages of the forum and carry on with your gibberish. :wall::wall::wall::wall: :mad:

Thank you for the comment. :)

Thanks JC. I appreciate the corroboration. I have always taken the high road with Casey, I am not so sure I will now.

Ru4por's pretty easy going.... 'til you start jerking around with his favorite plastic.
:p

Latest posts