• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Slowest, most overstable disc?

Kodachrome

* Ace Member *
hey guys. i have a zone, which i really like. i used to have a purple max weight zone that was stupid beef until i left it on the course. this new one is super beef, but not quite on the same level as my max weight purple. they are both puddle tops and the one i am throwing now had the highest PLH in the stack.

currently throwing the 169-171 zone and i notice it flies farther before dumping than my old one.

yes, i could probably just get a new zone and search for an even higher PLH. but i figured i'd check and see if i'm missing anything. (thrown a VP before, but def. not as beefy.)

so. here's the question:

i don't like how far zones fly. is there anything that is shorter, slower and just as overstable as a zone?

Doesn't get much slower and beefier than a ESP Zone IMO. Although sometimes I feel my Zones fly farther than my FAF Firebirds.

I've heard the Harp is shorter and equally beefy but in base plastic only it most likely wouldn't stay that way for very long.

The Harp is definitely a good contender but the lack of premo plastic is a huge deal breaker for that mold and no other company really offers something as unique as the zone.

Have thrown a Zone, but not a Credo. Are they close? Who has thrown both? From the vids I've seen they look pretty OS, but that's the only thing I have to go on.

Yeah, it's what I was afraid of. I just want something I can rail into and have it resist all forward movement. Basically like a faf fb. Tried a credo a while back, maybe I'll try another credo and bring my current zone into some stores to compare plh.

So are you looking for an actual putter that's overstable or a tweener style disc?

What about a Champ Pig? I heard some of those were really beefy.

I'm assuming you have thrown a Resistor, I know it's a fairway but it works great for me as a super OS upshot disc. Easy to rip on and easy to power down. Not so sure if it would be considered slow or not.

LOLZ at people suggesting drivers and mids.

Koda-I think a Pig is what you would want. It's definitely slower than the Zone. I hear Sinus (Sini?) are pretty beefy and they feel like an actual putter.

Then my guess would be a Pig as well. Mine is really OS maybe more than my VP. Never threw em back to back. My Pig is an R-Pro and VP is Medium. I think the Pig would be considered slow

Latest posts