• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Slowest, most overstable disc?

Cryztal Z Zone is about as beefy as it gets....but they're going for crazy dollars right now (like 35-40 in used condition). I haven't done it yet, but have been told a fresh ESP is pretty close.

With how beefy a light 160's creedo is I can't imagine how a max weight (180g) one in a premium plastic would be. The only ones I ever see for sale are 160's.

I am sure that would be it, someone just needs to tell Germany that's what golfers want.

VP is probably worth a shot, not fast and not much glide at all. My pig is longer and faster than the VP's I've thrown, although my pig is a lighter one. Champ blizzard pigs might even be better than a VP for what you want.

There should be a new shipment of Credos coming into Infinite Discs this week, maybe there will be some 170g+ in there.

Credo is definitely the way to go here. :thmbup:

Cryztal Z Zone is about as beefy as it gets....but they're going for crazy dollars right now (like 35-40 in used condition). I haven't done it yet, but have been told a fresh ESP is pretty close.

My CryZtal Zone isn't really much different than any of the other premium Zones that I have thrown. If my barstamp CryZtal is worth that much, I might just sell it and buy a couple of ESP's.

Zones are too fast. A lot of people categorize them as midranges so I wouldn't suggest that. Id say get a champ pig and call it a day.

Is it definitely that the new Zone is straighter, or have you snuck up on yourself with better form/more power, and it's not the disc that's different, but you? Just something to consider...if so, then you'll just have to start powering down the Zone. I've added some D this summer, and the ironic part they don't tell you about it, the more power you have, the farther away you have to start throwing powered down touch shots.

Otherwise, +1 Champ Rhyno.

I agree with most people here you should pick up a champ blizzard pig, those things are exactly what I thought of when I read your OP.

Doesn't get much slower and beefier than a ESP Zone IMO. Although sometimes I feel my Zones fly farther than my FAF Firebirds.

What exactly is a FAF Firebird?

to the op: just buy another zone. if you dont like how far it is flying then power down. it is a putter after all!

Have thrown a Zone, but not a Credo. Are they close? Who has thrown both? From the vids I've seen they look pretty OS, but that's the only thing I have to go on.

Credos are definitely slower than Zones, and also skip much less. They are just a bit more OS than them as well, but the main difference is the slower speed and stickier landings.

If you search my youtube channel you can find test videos of both molds to compare how they fly for me.

I always considered the Zone more of a mid than a putter, but the Credo is without a doubt a putter. Both are good molds, but they fill slightly different roles.

I'd say Sinus. Although I've only thrown one. It does seem slower, and as OS as a puddle top ESP Zone.

Rhyno? I've never thrown one but I thought I'd suggest it.

Had a great approach with my Zone today. Just wanted to throw that in there :p. I agree with Koda though, it is a fast disc for a putter. It tends to overshoot things.

I'd say Sinus. Although I've only thrown one. It does seem slower, and as OS as a puddle top ESP Zone.

I'm a Cryztal Flex Zone thrower and I regularly use an R-Pro Rhyno, but also have Champ, Star and GStar. I rely on the floppy r-pro for sticking to the ground on hills or for wind putts. It drives very straight actually, decent HSS, not particularly LSS, but glide-less, yes. It definitely could not take the power a Zone could OAT wise.

I picked-up a Sinus recently out of curiosity and found it about as LSS as the Zone, but not as HSS. For lower power shots, it's virtually a Zone but the Zone adds full-on drives to the repertoire.

With my current experience, I would offer that the Zone occupies a 'zone' which is fairly unique. It is versatile, predictable and useful which I am sure accounts for it's popularity.

A disc which does not meet your needs, but which has taken most of the driving duty away from my Zone is the Envy. Similar HSS, but much less LSS. In my opinion, imbuing a putter with driver-like HSS is a good thing and makes these two great bed fellows.