• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Smoke the chains with a Roach

I needed to show off my new pearly white Roach. This is the first white Big Z disc I've had. The red on white looks pretty good but I always wipe the stamps on my Roaches.

Should the stamp stay or go?

I used to wipe them...but f-it. It's funny to me now. (Funny that they went with this stamp.) It's an attention grabber, in the least.

Love that pearly white plastic.

Anyone get a hold of a Bro-D Roach? I think you can only get it as Brodie Smith's 3-pack (Roach, Buzzz & Avenger SS).

It's supposed to be a blend like the Luna. I may buy the pack & just pass off the AvengerSS as a future CTP at a post Corona event.

You don't get any control over the weights when you buy those packs; at over $50 it's too much of a dice roll for me. :|

Yeah, I'm too picky about weight & appearance. Going to pass. I've wanted stiff Roaches for a while so I hope the Bro-D's get a regular production run.

I saw some tournament fundraiser discs in the OG jawbreaker blend recently. Might be more closer to the Brodie roach

I saw some tournament fundraiser discs in the OG jawbreaker blend recently. Might be more closer to the Brodie roach

Some popped up on eBay a while back. The seller was honest enough to say they didn't feel much different from regular JB.

Some popped up on eBay a while back. The seller was honest enough to say they didn't feel much different from regular JB.

I've been looking for one, just for my Roach collection, but people are trying to sell them for the price of the entire starter pack...

I've been looking for one, just for my Roach collection, but people are trying to sell them for the price of the entire starter pack...

Yeah it's absurd & I refuse to pay those super inflated costs. Except the '17 Jen Allen Teebirds I've been scooping up.

I'm hoping that the Bro-D Roaches become a regular production & I don't mind paying Luna prices for them.

I wonder if it bothers Paul that DC is making Roaches in the Luna blend. In that it could hurt Luna sales.

I got a couple crystal Roaches hoping I would like the feel of the plastic better than big z or titanium. I don't. They do have a lower shoulder which is nice, but I just find all of discrafts premium plastics so slippery. If I do hold onto it, it does fly really nice though. Pretty HSS with a low LSS. I am going to try to keep using it and hope that it gets some tack to it.

I got a couple crystal Roaches hoping I would like the feel of the plastic better than big z or titanium. I don't. They do have a lower shoulder which is nice, but I just find all of discrafts premium plastics so slippery. If I do hold onto it, it does fly really nice though. Pretty HSS with a low LSS. I am going to try to keep using it and hope that it gets some tack to it.

I totally agree with this. Big Roach fan and I was really excited to get my hands on a few crystal sparkle ones and they are all incredibly hard and slippery. They're fun to throw on a field for practice when scores don't matter but I just can't trust them enough to bag them. It's a shame really. I have a 5x crystal McB Luna and it's tackier than the crystal Roaches by a significant margin.

I totally agree with this. Big Roach fan and I was really excited to get my hands on a few crystal sparkle ones and they are all incredibly hard and slippery. They're fun to throw on a field for practice when scores don't matter but I just can't trust them enough to bag them. It's a shame really. I have a 5x crystal McB Luna and it's tackier than the crystal Roaches by a significant margin.

Big Z does it for me but I'd love an ESP. The Roach has earned an ESP run.

Wipe it down with acetone.

I think Brodie caused a bump in Roach sales. Was beefing up my glow bag since glow has been good for quarantine object golf, and was looking for dayglow colors, and plenty of my usual sites (Disc Golf Center, Infinite, Sunking, Marshall) are sold out or nearly sold out of JB,X and D.

Not a bad thing, though. In the long run, it should get the Roach more runs, in more blends.

I think Brodie caused a bump in Roach sales. Was beefing up my glow bag since glow has been good for quarantine object golf, and was looking for dayglow colors, and plenty of my usual sites (Disc Golf Center, Infinite, Sunking, Marshall) are sold out or nearly sold out of JB,X and D.

Not a bad thing, though. In the long run, it should get the Roach more runs, in more blends.

Factory is closed also.

Yeah, they haven't done a new JB run in quite a while. Still have a couple blackish ones in reserve. I'd like to see the Roach in some of the plastic DGA has had recently - Stone and some sweet swirly D line.

Factory is closed also.

Yeah, but these are the stock that have been in these online stores for awhile (I constantly check them all for new additions, since dayglow base plastic is practically an oxymoron). For instance, Infinite had like 20+ Jaw Breaker, Xs and Ds in stock for quite some time, and Now all they have are a handful of BigZs.

Latest posts