• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, Scarpfish, that does sound pretty crazy. You must have really been booking it if you got through nine moderate length holes every 15-20 minutes. Also, when/how did you eat? Bathroom??

Ya, Scarpfish, that does sound pretty crazy. You must have really been booking it if you got through nine moderate length holes every 15-20 minutes. Also, when/how did you eat? Bathroom??
It helps when both your vehicle and an actual bathroom (unlocked no less) are less than 50 feet from Hole 1's teebox.

Not so good. We got two local groups in town who already share a casual league that meets whenever and whoever shows up. We're starting a third that is even more casual and just around ten of us who play together almost exclusively because of schedules and personalities I guess. Everyone in town though regardless of club gets along and bands together for tournaments we want to represent for Emporia. So today one of these guys almost starts a civil war.

On seven as we're walking away from the basket he gives a head's up yell and tosses. Couldn't even wait the five seconds for us to get along down the path. Next hole I'm lining up a twelve foot putt to take the two skins (playing ript revenege) and a star xcal comes whizzing past my head and spikes nearby. No fore, nothing. So I throw up my hands, give a few yells, and miss my putt because out of the corner of my eye I see the other guy tossing at me. Beyond pissed.

We wait out of the way and ask him what's up with that and he says "you guys were playing too slow" We had been on the hole less than three minutes total and they hadn't been waiting at the tee. Zero. He just walked up and threw. Then we tell them to play through and they walk off to hole ten talking smack under his breath. By hole 11 the peninsula hole they are talking to fisherman and we pass them. We see them leaving when we're on seventeen and of course there is another confrontation about respect. Dude is unfriended on facebook. :D No violence though that was good. Posting this here just to vent. It doesn't warrant a thread or me calling him out by name. :thmbup:

That is unfortunate. Sadly this sort of thing is common by me....

I played rather poorly. I switched back to the innova competition and it hurts my back. It's not even fully packed. I don't get it.

By hole 11 the peninsula hole they are talking to fisherman and we pass them. We see them leaving when we're on seventeen and of course there is another confrontation about respect.

yeah they were tryna to rally the troops because they saw you as a threat.
good on you for holdin your ground. people are often so shocked when you wait for them to get in their face. i have to tell people to "play through if you're in such a ****in hurry" almost every round.. then i throw at them the second i hear chains.

so many kooks out on the courses.

anyways imma hit hyland up at open, they have all the rough cut for the minnesota majestic and im a big fan of not losing my disc for 20 minutes in knee high grass. hoping to not bogey every damn hole. place can be killer.

yeah they were tryna to rally the troops because they saw you as a threat.
good on you for holdin your ground. people are often so shocked when you wait for them to get in their face. i have to tell people to "play through if you're in such a ****in hurry" almost every round.. then i throw at them the second i hear chains.

so many kooks out on the courses.

anyways imma hit hyland up at open, they have all the rough cut for the minnesota majestic and im a big fan of not losing my disc for 20 minutes in knee high grass. hoping to not bogey every damn hole. place can be killer.

It took a turn for the funny when I decided to post about it on the groups facebook page. Apparently he was repping being a member and wasn't technically. Only a hanger on, to use the biker gang lingo. This was maybe my fourth encounter with him not using etiquette. The other times I tried to explain to him why you play that way and he blew me off. This time I posted his antics on facebook. He is catching the heat now from his friends and family. I left his name off but they eventually figured it out. Since he wouldn't talk to me directly about it after the incident I decided to let these people really know who they play with when they aren't around.

A guy from another group that very day posted what they had done to him. They threw into them on hole one then hung around practice putting not playing through. Eventually they skipped a few holes, which is how they got onto our tail so quick, we had to start on hole five because they were on hole one practicing! So after they skip past that first group they slow way down and start throwing about five discs each until they catch back up. Just intentionally being a jerk.

I forgot to say when they left the parking lot they peeled out and threw gravel and dust all over our vehicles.

Everyone agreed we need to clean this up before world's is in town. One guy like him can spoil the visit for people. Oh and you're right about him going to the fisherman trying to get backup.

Huh. And there's a thread right next to this one about how chill, and nice disc golfers are. :rolleyes:

Huh. And there's a thread right next to this one about how chill, and nice disc golfers are. :rolleyes:

:D One apple spoils the bunch. Or can. Never had an problem with anyone playing here or while traveling. At least not from an actual disc golfer, maybe an issue with a group of frat guys out trying the game for the first time.

What makes me mad about this particular guy is that we aren't really friends but we've played together in the past. I've given him rides to the course, returned several of his discs including an Xcal just last week, and this is how I'm repaid my kindness. I gave him his first putter, an emac challenger. Some people. :wall:

I'm not going to play today, because I think I did enough yesterday.

2qatw1w.jpg

Only one dbl. Bogey. That's actually a very impressive 40(?) round scorecard.

6 down over 18 at our little local 9 holer (played it twice). Felt good. Then did some field work. Trying to develop a forehand shot.

I played yesterday and I was 10 over par after 12 holes.... it was a pretty sad actually. It was still fun, so I can't complain too much.

Did really well! Sank all my birdieputts except one... Got my first birdie ever on a long upwards par 4 hole with mandos. Tied my personal best at one under at that course

-9 @ Kentwood. Threw mostly good drives, missed some makeable putts from around 30.

Mediocre. Made some surprisingly good putts, but the parts of my game that usually work were slightly off.

Putting it all together would be a rush.

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Couldn't get my game together. Lost two discs at Pickard Park in Indianola, IA. My first two discs I bought, nonetheless.. RIP Beast and Leopard. Went to Ewing in Des Moines and did a lot better, much easier course there.

Though, I'm doing well with the Buzzz I just got. Man, that things flies so straight I tend to end up going to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts