• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot a -14 on my home course in the shorts tied a personal best. hit a ton of long putts to save birdies. driving was on point today droping everything within 30 feet on all my rounds today. fizzled out my second round be managed to still shoot -10. fun day

Got 14 birdies, 60 pars and 34 bogies in 108 holes at Johnson St. Saturday from the whites. That's lights out golf for me. I was using a brand new teebird to drive as I lost my last leopard recently. I overthrew the basket on some of the shorter holes, which has never happened. I even had a par round going into 18 on one round. Then I tripled the last hole. I played alone for five rounds and jogged on those rounds.

I played with a group of three others on the next to last round and threw my best round with other people watching! I was done by 11 a.m. as the course was getting crowded. My arm felt fine yesterday, which was also very surprising.

Played Saturday in Greybull, WY! Little pitch n putt accross the river from where the community center is looking to build a full course and we were in town to consult. Smallest course I've ever played, I was 11 down and my buddy was 15 down. Probably both could have imporved if we cut the beer and good times additude but that was most of the fun anyhow. Came back to Billings and played Diamond X(Red->Black) in silly bad wind. Played poorly but still won the round with a 62. Played Diamond X(Green->Blue) again yesterday. Not as bad of wind, still didn't play great, shot even at 54.

I didn't post any scores worth mentioning, but my son and I had played yesterday with some great weather and plenty of laughs (him...laughing at/with me mostly). Good times - wouldn't trade it for the world.

I played like a damn beast today! I played two rounds at Acorn DGC with a Z Nuke, Z Surge SS, Champion Mamba, Champion Gazelle, S FD, Z Buzzz, and my trusty Star Aviar. I could do no wrong, not a single bogey all day, 3s or better. Had some ridiculous deuces, the most ridiculous being hole 18 on the first round. Forehanded the Gazelle from about 150 feet out through the janky trees for the deuce, a more gratifying shot than some of the aces I hit this year haha. I ended up shooting a 46 on the first round and a 48 on the second, putting me at -14 on the day playing all par 3s. By marked course pars, I would've been at -24 roflmao. Like a fine wine, fancy cheese, or premium plastic disc, I seem to be getting better with age hahaha.

Played Bradford today and shot my new PR. Only bogie was the first hole. Missed 35ft putt for birdie, hits the upper metal band and then promptly rolls the entire way down the hill. (sloped green...) Follow that up with a Birdie on 9, and the rest pars...

My first EVER even full round! Not including short pitch and putt courses like Bailey, or 9 hole days.

Been making a lot of progress in the past few months and slowly shaving strokes off my scores. Pretty damn proud

Played the annual Japanese Nationals tournament this last weekend, this time I came correct with a more well rounded bag. I had a full year to think about how much I sucked last time, with some particular holes that still haunting my dreams. After 3.5 rounds I finished just off the lead Open card (5th) and may have even finally broken the 1000 rated round barrier. Maybe in 3 months when the results are actually posted on the PDGA website I'll be able to find out, who knows?

Played some rounds with four good buddies at Plymouth Creek today, slightly slick conditions but we braved it. I did damn well considering they made me drink on an empty stomach. They know that alcohol DESTROYS my game, and planned to exploit it, but I went into Jackie Chan mode and still managed 32 strokes on round one and 33 strokes on round 2, for a -7 on the day all 3s. My closest rival shot a -3 on the day. I relied on the Champion Gazelle like a security blanket. I seem to know where it will end up before it leaves my hand, definitely clicking with it.

Really good aannd really bad. I played 5 rounds of 18, and started off with a 5 over, which isnt good for the course I was at, which has mostly short shots. Hitting trees, and those trees kicked me even deepr into the woods, hit the belt on the basket I dont even know how many times... Second round wasnt much better 4 over. Decided to go get some food and then come back. Theeen I was 1 under, and hit a tree off of the tee on 11. Got about 125 feet left, and my approache goest straight into the chains for bird. I then went on to birdie the next 5, for a total of 6 in a row, and I finished w a personal best on that course, 8 under. It was awesome.

Man, I had a really fun day of disc today! For starters, I played a warm-up round with AFTC at Hansen. He is a super cool dude, and his knowledge of plastic extends well beyond the realm of overmolds. We didn't even keep score, just had fun chasing cones. He was bound by the constraints of employment, so one round was all he had time for. From there, I trucked it to Acorn. On hole 1, a group of locals approached me and asked if I would be interested in some doubles action. Naturally, I accepted the offer. The first round, I got paired up with a guy who had a really strong putting game, we steamrolled with 47 strokes. The next round, I got paired with a guy who could launch the bajeezus out of a Discraft Heat. Managed to win again, 49 strokes, but another group was only two strokes back on us, so we actually had to work for that one. After some BSing, I bid farewell to my new friends and ran home to grab my ThrowLites, which I had foolishly left behind. My Champion Gazelle hyzerflipped on me a few times over the course of the day, so I decided to play a couple night rounds with it to assess if it really has gotten flippy on me. And it has. I shouldn't be mad about that though, a Gazelle is not supposed to be an overstable beefer. Today was indeed a good day, hard to beat MN when the weather is cooperative.

Pretty good, 1 under, but I lost my Star Teebird, so that left a bitter taste in my mouth :(

On the last hole, its basically a top of the world shot. And somehow, I just threw it flat. Total noob mistake. Needless to say, she saaaiiilled way out into the woods. Still put in an effort to find it but it was hopeless.

Otherwise, I shot well, nailed a 45 footer, all other drives and short putts were pretty accurate. Im happy to see my average score seems to be around 1 under at my home course, that used to be a better game than I would expect, so I cant complain with progress.

Last edited:
This morning, I played the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge course for the first time. I didn't do too hot. A challenging course that really tests your accuracy, and I'm still quite the newbie, in terms of wooded and narrow holes. A mediocre course, but I had fun nevertheless. It is nice to cross that course off of my "disc golf" bucket list.

This evening, I played two rounds at the MTU DGC. I got my first birdie EVER on hole 6, so I was extremely ecstatic! I got another birdie on that same hole second time around. I actually almost aced it, and I missed the hole by literally four feet or less. I ended up getting my best score on 18 holes, as well as 9 holes. +10 for 18 holes and +4 for 9 holes. I can see such an improvement in my form as well as my putting. I can't quite make putts into the basket at 15 feet, but I do get pretty darn close to the basket. I'm parring more than I have ever been. It was a great evening to play! Very happy with myself today.

Played decent today with the weather being rainy and windy. Played Nevin short (par 64) and shot +4 with a double and a triple bogey. I was playing in club singles which is PDGA rated rounds. I was in a group of 3 for my division and we were caught up to the open division which was a group of 5 and it got me out of my groove and I fell apart on 2 of the last 6 holes. It wasn't my best round there but not my worst either. Once the ratings go up for today I'd imagine it's 920-935 rated with the weather factored and no one shooting a crazy good round.

Man, I had a really fun day of disc today! For starters, I played a warm-up round with AFTC at Hansen. He is a super cool dude, and his knowledge of plastic extends well beyond the realm of overmolds. We didn't even keep score, just had fun chasing cones. He was bound by the constraints of employment, so one round was all he had time for. From there, I trucked it to Acorn. On hole 1, a group of locals approached me and asked if I would be interested in some doubles action. Naturally, I accepted the offer. The first round, I got paired up with a guy who had a really strong putting game, we steamrolled with 47 strokes. The next round, I got paired with a guy who could launch the bajeezus out of a Discraft Heat. Managed to win again, 49 strokes, but another group was only two strokes back on us, so we actually had to work for that one. After some BSing, I bid farewell to my new friends and ran home to grab my ThrowLites, which I had foolishly left behind. My Champion Gazelle hyzerflipped on me a few times over the course of the day, so I decided to play a couple night rounds with it to assess if it really has gotten flippy on me. And it has. I shouldn't be mad about that though, a Gazelle is not supposed to be an overstable beefer. Today was indeed a good day, hard to beat MN when the weather is cooperative.

That's awesome that you guys played a round together.

I had possibly the most fun day of disc ever yesterday. It was the first day of a Fall Foliage Classic tournament at a private course in VT that is by far my favorite place to play in the world. The first round was a round of singles to determine seeding for a later round of hi-low doubles. I didn't play perfectly by any means but my putting game was on point and I had a chance to be on a card with the owner of the course and get to know him a little better. Plus I definitely demonstrated my general knowledge of and respect for the rules of the game to him, which I am sure he appreciates. The second round (doubles) went well, as it was an interesting twist on an old format - at least one of the players has to have a shot that counts on every hole, so no one player can carry a team. My partner and I ended up shooting a 58 (-7) which led to claims of me being a bit of a bagger in terms of my tee choice.

The last round of the day - 9 holes with lids. Started off hot with some nice drives and shots and finished horribly, zig-zagging my way down and up the fairway of 18. Those 2.5 rounds took nearly 10 hours but man were they a blast. Going back in an hour for 6 holes of off-hand throwing and a mystery round, so hopefully I'll have more good playing to report about.

Not sure if this is kosher but here's a beautiful view of the dastardly par 5 hole 4 from the blue tees (no longer embedded cause it really messed with the margins of the page):
http://i.imgur.com/J7jJS9y.jpg

Last edited:
In terms of scoring, below the norm for this year, but some brighter spots here and there. Sadly, it had rained overnight and the course I played tends to be rather wet even in the best of times, so there was that (one ditch had expanded beyond its OB sticks for example). Also got to see some eyeopener drives and putting from a guy that went out at the same time, he played 12 holes before he had to leave to pick up his kids.

As for the plusses, finally getting a birdie on the first hole, which has been vexing me this entire year (pretty much wide open 295-feet). Strange as last year it was probably the easiest hole at that course, this year, even putts from within the circle have been very rare, likely less than three such chances prior to today. First round, inside the circle, putt off the chastity belt, second round, floated one in from a bit further away. Played three rounds yet again, final round, got a flick-mid-upshot birdie on a wooded hole on the back nine, previously I had hit the same shot but that time it bounced off the pole, this time it stayed in. So all in all, not terrible, given the two week break, with only some open field practice last Sunday for two hours.

I played a round at my home course. Only played 9 holes, instead of the full 18. I got my best score on that course. I was very pleased with myself. I got three pars. Made a couple putts from 20 feet out. My drives and other putts were on point. It was a great evening to play. I spent an extra 10 minutes practicing my putting too.

Meh yesterday. Had fun but nothing special, coming in at even par. Got to try out my DX Eagle and I love that thing though. I almost like it as much as a DX Teebird. We'll see how she breaks in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts