• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tournament this past weekend, I shot 3 rounds above my rating, and then I shot 70 points below my rating for the final round...

First putter-only round yesterday went surprisingly well. Might be something to that...

Though the Anode did want to turn & burn into a little wind. Live & learn.

Played the back 9 of our home course twice on Saturday afternoon. I won the first 9 and tied the second 9 holes. But here's the twist.....we had discussed doing this for some time. When we started on the second 9 hole mini round we tossed discs and did a bag switch. I won the toss and grabbed my buddies bag and then he and my son switched bags. What a frustrating, fun, change of pace!!!!
I almost aced hole 10 with my buddies Champion Krait!! Every hole for me was way out of my comfort zone and it was damn scary to reach into a bag and have no idea how this or that will fly in 15-20 mph winds! I want to try this again sometime on another course and I think we should get more people on the group also. Try it sometime......you'll have fun.....sorta!

My buddy and I had a great doubles run at Pinto Lake Saturday at -4 with no bogies. Birdied 7,8, 12 (my favorite hole) and 16. Used some of the shorter positions, because they avoid pedestrians, but was a personal best in those positions for the two of us. One of those days when neither of us really blew it on the same shots, which is great for doubles scores. :thmbup:

Shot a wonderful three rounds today. First round solo, second round double, third round triple. On the third round a buddy and his two daughters met up with us on hole 8. The two girls throw. My other buddy looks at me and says "Hey man watch this, I am gonna get the skip ace to show the girls." I am like "Uh-huh right." He is a lefty. He lines up and lets go forehand and sure as heck skip ace right into the basket. The whole crew just erupts, the girls think it is the coolest thing ever. This is the first ace I have witnessed. What a great way to finish out a day.

I shot amazingly well.

Played a quick 9 holes at the local course and finished 6 down. Birdied the last four holes.

I used my D3 and D4 as my long drivers tonight and am starting to really like them.

Not as good as I would have liked to today. Wasn't feeling too good after I got out there and felt bad that I didn't say hello to a fellow disc golfer near the practice basket.

I hate it when I feel bad,I'm always a butthead. :(

Played OK. Starting to really get the hang of that D4.

Both D3 and D4 were turning over a little too much in the wind. The D4 surprisingly (to me) fought back a lot more than the D3.

Played OK. Starting to really get the hang of that D4.

Both D3 and D4 were turning over a little too much in the wind. The D4 surprisingly (to me) fought back a lot more than the D3.

You know I've been getting better at working my Champion Tern in the Wind. Technically it's not supposed to do well in a headwind but I have been making it work.

That's kind of crazy that the D4 fights the wind better than the D3. You would think it would be the other way around. lol

You know I've been getting better at working my Champion Tern in the Wind. Technically it's not supposed to do well in a headwind but I have been making it work.

That's kind of crazy that the D4 fights the wind better than the D3. You would think it would be the other way around. lol

I thought the same! The D3 would hit the wind, turn and just hold that line until it petered out. The D4 would hit the wind, turn, hold the line for a second or two and then fight it's way back.

I've been really liking both discs a lot. Glad I gave them a second chance.

I've never thrown a Tern. Been wanting to check them out.

I hit chains with my patriot on a blind anhyzer at la mirada back 18, hole 16. Would have been an awesome ace. Then I flew a foot left of hole 17 basket chain high. Haven't played in a couple months and it seemed like I was throwing just as far easier, and also throwing farther if I gave it a lot of force. Go figure?

Played a course I've never played (Winged Deer Park) today and tried out some new discs (Crank, Tern, Roc3, and a Mace). Did surprisingly well even throwing discs that I'm not familiar with. Thinking I'm definitely gonna have to rethink the all Prodigy bag.

First time I've ever left a course in the middle of the round. Head wasn't in the game, it was uncharacteristically busy, and I was sore from an earlier workout. Oh well. The one highlight was birdieing a hole I've never birdied before. Got a Star Valkyrie in a trade yesterday and just busted out an awesome drive to park the thing. This Valkyrie seems like a longer Leopard. Me likey :D

Here's to a better day tomorrow!

played seven courses today. reviewed them.
overall, my putting was better and my drives were consistent.

wow. wind sucks. I know I know thank you captain obvious. Went out to the course the ace race is at on Saturday. The open holes were dang near impossible. I have played in some wind but today it was gusting up to about 20mph. watched one putt get lifted up and carried twenty feet past. The only way to overcome adversity is to practice in it. Hopefully the wind dies down for Saturday.

Gear in car...leaving work early today to go throw, rain or not. I can feel that first ace coming...

i played like ass. I got stung by some bees, nearly lost a few discs, missed a bunch of easy drives and upshots. and finished last in doubles.

But, my favorite teebird has been turned into the local shop so I'll get it back soon, i hit some long putts, and my new Blizz Champ Condor is freaking awesome.

Shot my PB at one of my local courses (-7) and the baskets were in the longs. Driving better and putting good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts