• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brutal wind. Many missed opportunities. Lost my beautiful, candy red E Volt, one that MVP sent me. :(:(

It was a long, sad day of disc golf.

Got my first intermediate win today...non-sanctioned tourney but still felt good! Pulled my back with 7 holes to go in round two and still managed a couple birdies and no bogies to finish out and win by 2. Also stayed dry all day when the water hazards were really causing a lot of guys to struggle today. It was a long, good day of disc golf. :)

I played the same as I usually do. Everything about my game is on point except my putting. I know I have the right putter, my head game is solid, I just haven't found my rhythm. Think I need a practice basket. Looking at DGA Mach Lites.

Played well and had fun working on a new pin position and hole on KMDGC. I might be expanding from 9 to 12 baskets over the next year or so.

I played well today and had the most fun disc golfing I've had in quite awhile. My fiancee and I are visiting family in Ohio and today we had some free time. I forgot my discs so we went and picked up a Shark for each of us and headed to the closest course (Horn's Hill, I believe).

Well the park was actually closed but she convinced me to just park the car across the street and hike up anyways. We just played the short tees as this was her first time out since the fall and only about my fourth time out this year (I was pretty burnt out on discing by the end of the fall for a variety of reasons). Very neat course, a lot of elevation changes (at least for an Illinois boy) and fairly wooded. We both threw great, especially considering we were each just using a mid and one we're unfamiliar with (we both throw Vibram). I finished right at even and she was just a few throws behind me.

It was a great first disc experience in Ohio and really got my discing batteries charged up again. On top of all that, it was a beautiful day spent with my favorite person in the world.

My first win in Advanced!

Congrats Jimbo!

As far as how I've been playing...

Haven't been playing much with a little one in the mix now. More time has been spent looking for quality acreage than playing.

Played like I need some field work, which I do. Had an inordinate amount of chain outs, but it was at least starting to come together in my third round. Returned a found disc, so that was nice.

got out for 3 rounds with some friends at kaposia. played well, but made stupid mistakes in my first round while putting. i missed about four 10-15 footers; i could have had a huge personal best. putted TERRIBLY the second round. started the third round off terribly as well and fought back and forth to end at a decent score.

wound up -1, +8, +1.

i have to say that these speed 7 fairways in dx have made me a much better player. they go far, they don't fade much, they don't really get off the lines you put them on. if you're off the fairway, you're not by much. the teebird has given me a huge amount of confidence, as has the eagle...hell, and the ghost too. i shot today throwing ONLY a dx teebird and a dx eagle as my drivers. they make the game so simple it's ridiculous. i'm extremely happy and although it might be the archer, not the arrow - i have some pretty damn good arrows. i expect to see myself compete well this year, even if only in advanced.

picture.php

pretty much how i play when i'm trying to play well...

I finally got out this past Saturday. It was pretty windy, but I played really well. For once I wasn't over thinking my form, but paying more attention to the wind. I have also been discing down, so that has helped out as well.

threw acorn park twice, once by myself and once with another group; we formed up for some doubles.

shot a personal best of -4 by myself and shot -10 or -9, i can't quite remember, with my dubs partner. both of those rounds had some stupid missed putts too. :)

this dx plastic is staying in my bag. the eagle straight boooooombs.

Got out for a round today for the first time in a few weeks. If was cold and wet. Got to throw my alias, switch and servo for the first time. Really enjoyed them. Didn't play real well, but had some very nice shots with the alias.

Got in my first "real" round of 2014 today (I'm due for a knee replacement and the knee prevents me from really playing in the snow...well, you know, if I'd like to be able to walk for the next week). Some meetings/interviews put me at our central Mass. facility which, conveniently enough, is 15 minutes from Maple Hill. So I cranked out a quick round on the Reds. Gave up a few strokes due to sketchy footing, a couple more to chance meetings with trees, but my putting was locked in and man was it nice to play. Since I suck, my score won't impress anybody, but I feel great about 2014's opening day.

Status
Not open for further replies.