• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did OK, shot my first under-par round at Woodlands. Started off average, but I slowed my runup way down and drives started working for me better than they have for quite a while. It was nice to get revenge on a course that has always eaten my lunch.

Started off in league(Tyler State Park, west course) with birds on the first three holes and an almost first for me four birdies in a row but got par. Played par for a few more then another bird putting me four under. Bogied 26, 27, birdied 28. double bogied 30, bogied 31then birdied 35 to finish 1 under par 58...whew,,, gotta stop the bogies!

Didn't get out on the course today - just fieldwork - but it was well needed and quite a surprise. First time this year I was hitting 300 consistently. A decent amount of 325s....and 2 out to 350. Wish I knew the difference between the 300 and the 350 so I could repeat it.

Played doubles. My partner was driving well and I putted well, including two fairway birdies. We won the round.

Played for the first time in a couple weeks today. Had some great shots with the Antidote at Noble DGC today. They have relocated some of the hole locations, and they are very challenging new additions to the OKC metro area. The Antidote really shined in hyzer flip lines today. Smooth throws and power under like 300-280 gives all kinds of different lines and shot shapes.

Also had some really poor shots. Just goes to show you need to practice in order to stay consistent.

I played terrible today. I could do nothing to stay out of the small creek that runs the length of the easy course I was playing. At a course that I probably average 6-7 down, I shot 5 over. Blah... :doh:

I couldn't putt, either. It was bad.

That said, the weather was absolutely perfect, and it helped me get away from work and studies, so it wasn't all bad. A terrible day of disc golf beats the best days of sitting on my @ss, face-deep in studies!

Did OK, shot my first under-par round at Woodlands. Started off average, but I slowed my runup way down and drives started working for me better than they have for quite a while. It was nice to get revenge on a course that has always eaten my lunch.

Nice man. I often find that when I'm struggling to get off of the tee, slowing the run-up to more of a walk-up will get things back closer to where they belong.

Not sure if it matters that a FH forcing, no BH having rec chucker shot a +1 at Jordan Creek today, but that's my personal best and I'm stoked.

Scoring was mostly due to local routes getting greasy all day. Left a few makeable birdie putts short though, or I could have been under par.

Started out a little rough...but not too bad. Ended strong with nice birdies on 16 & 17 - including draining a 30' very uphill scary putt on 17. Ended up just about average overall but it was nice to end with those birds towards the end.

Busy course so I couldn't play every hole. Had some really good throws and really unlucky throws. Fission Volt was performing well in the air, while my rolling skills have somehow vanished. Overall there was a lot of rust, but it was a pretty good, quick round.

Played two 9's at the Z before work. My putting is getting more consistent, and I'm continuously birdie-ing the one long par four. Starting to get my putters out near 300 feet which Im really stoked about, although it was a mild downhill shot, so more like 250(?). Couple of stupid bogies kept me at even for both rounds though. But feeling great after playing today.

New PB at one of the courses we've been playing quite a bit. Funny, as not only was the previous PB from the very first time we had played that course (tied that score a few times after that, couldn't better it), but also, was playing in rubber boots (still knee-deepish water some parts off the fairways).

Maybe I got a good samaritan karma boost on the round as I did pull out a couple of discs for another group from said deeper water, then saw a couple of putts that were looking like hitting the bottom rim, just barely rise above the rim at the last second and into the basket. Okay, was a windy day, but could've been karma too :p .

Only real negative was missing another ace run. Left the hand perfect, perfect line through a tight corridor, fade kicked in just at the gap, skip right into the chains... and spit out :sick: .

Cant complain. Played w a few friends and won by a few strokes on both of em. Ended up even, had two stupid bogies, but of course two awesome birdies, parked no. 6, and launched my biggest bomb yet, about 500 feet at least, downhill w my teebird, and ended up w a birdie there too. Good day, out fo another group round tomarrow morning along w some ultimate. Life is good.

Last edited:
Argh...Basil.

Normally #1 drives me nuts. Hit a beautiful line today and parked it for a drop in 2, only the 2nd time I'd birdied it outside of dubs. Figured it would be the spark for a great round.........or not.

Tree...tree...missed putt...Argh.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a tourney.

I got my first black ace today...... 'nuff said :thmbdown::thmbdown:

My buddy was on the phone in seconds calling another friends and all i hear is, 'You'll never believe what I just saw...." :|

Tied my personal best for my home course, very happy w that. Now time for some Ultimate and hopefully more DG later.

Fairly good day overall. 902 & 924 rounds according to scorebook. The best part is that I picked up birdies on 2 holes I've never birdied before - one was a drop in too on a crushed drive that pured the line i wanted. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.