• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great night. With no wind I hit 350ft slightly uphill with my DX Wraith.. Also threw 375 downhill.. Reached new max d! Best of the night was a 93ft upshot to birdie a hole for the first time.. I had to take a pic. Those chains sounded so good!

Attachments

• IMG_20150609_201122983.jpg
    IMG_20150609_201122983.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Played dubs league at chili. At the chip draw I manage to get a guy who just started last week....sweet. :( Oh well, nice to get new guys out.

I played absolutely amazing. Ended up 2nd using only 2 throws total from my partner. Had 1st ever birdies on a hole. Several new best drives. Putts were very good. And to top it off won a CTP (first throw of the night).

Hit an ace during league play. 244 ft with a medium mercy. Too bad the ace pool was taken last week, and there were 2 other aces tonight. It will probably be worth $25. Still feels good to knock down an ace and have it count for something.

Played great tonight in a dubs league. I play we do a's and b's, i play b. Picked up my partner quite a few times off the tee which always feel good, and since i just got my practice basket built last week and a new stack of wizards. My putting was on point, knocked down 4 or 5 from 40 plus feet.

Didn't play great. In my own defense, I have been battling a pretty bad ear infection so my balance is a little off and I was playing the long tees for sh**s and giggles. Played middletown park in MD.

Though I was not great today, I did get the feel for using my core more on a few drives later in the round. Felt like my hips and rib cage dragged my arm around. Definitely have a better idea for that feel now. Only threw a new DX TeeBird on drives regardless of hole distance. I'm trying to really learn that mold. I did have one really nice ace run on hole 16, I only missed by about a foot. I was pretty jazzed by that, and from the long tee no less!

Overall, I got to play today (most important thing) despite feeling like my ear was going to explode at times, didn't lose any discs, found a dragon while looking for my own disc, damn nearly aced. Pretty good day.

Shot my age from the longs at Hiestand Park, Madison, Wisconsin.

Which is a great 57 for me.
lol... took a 6 on #18. need a jukeshoe smileyface for this hole...

limping in. fun round.

Shot a 48 today on a new course. (counting all as 3s) Birdied 7 and Bogied 1. Not a great course, VERY open and short, so, all I had to do was grab a mid or putter and stay straight...

Not a big confidence builder as it was so easy, but, still a decent round. Those courses help the short game a lot more than 6000' or more courses where you have to crank all the time. Personally, I'd rather work on accuracy than trying to see how far I can push.

Cheers.

Shot a 48 today on a new course. (counting all as 3s) Birdied 7 and Bogied 1. Not a great course, VERY open and short, so, all I had to do was grab a mid or putter and stay straight...

Not a big confidence builder as it was so easy, but, still a decent round. Those courses help the short game a lot more than 6000' or more courses where you have to crank all the time. Personally, I'd rather work on accuracy than trying to see how far I can push.

Cheers.

What course did you play?

-1 on 21 holes at Grand Woods last night. Would've tied my PB on the 18 hole layout, took a bogie and missed a birdie op through the 3 alt holes. I had 3 bad drives and recovered well from them. Realized that my stroke off the tee was the bogie and played smart for my four (and one five) rather than trying to make it up. Threw a lot of shots from the patent pending stance - it's a good skill to have!

-1 on 21 holes at Grand Woods last night. Would've tied my PB on the 18 hole layout, took a bogie and missed a birdie op through the 3 alt holes. I had 3 bad drives and recovered well from them. Realized that my stroke off the tee was the bogie and played smart for my four (and one five) rather than trying to make it up. Threw a lot of shots from the patent pending stance - it's a good skill to have!

Grand Woods is my favorite course. Used to play it 3-5 times a week. Love that place. I moved back to Grand Rapids and haven't been back to GW since. How is the course maintenance lately? How busy it it regularly? Is DJ still out frequently?

Thanks for the update.

Shoot well.

Just played at my former university's course. Best score I have gotten there and only one point off from my personal best on nine holes! Got three pars on holes 6, 8, and 9! Tried out my new discs (Z Heat and Magnet Pro D from Discraft). Absolutely in love with the Heat!!

"Played" in the park with my two younger kids. (My oldest is sick. :( ) They each had a couple good tosses, but the magic was hard to repeat. If I take them out more I know they can learn to throw farther.

Once they got sick of tossing, I took to the field a bit with my Gold Line Flying Squirrel. Got nearly 300 feet of glidey flight out of that bad boy. I find that the more "flippy" discs I throw, the more I realize that those are my favorite discs of all. Nothing can really be too understable. (But I have yet to try an Optimizer)

It was great to toss with my kids, and I enjoyed our fun more than a regular round for sure.

After a couple of days of dealing with some food poisoning from eating some moldy pepperjack, i got out to my home course today, Central Park. Shot a 23, a 24, and then a 20 stroke round, which is one shy of my personal best that I set way back in 2009 when the trees were a lot smaller and my shoulder wasn't compromised... I deuced everything except for holes 4 and 5 on the 20 round, definitely feeling strong for my upcoming 3 day weekend at Highbridge Hills.

I was able to play twice yesterday. In the evening, I went to my local disc golf course and played with one of my friends. I got my personal best on this course...again! Still not impressive, but I was able to get three pars on holes two, six, and fourteen! I made a 30-foot putt on one of the holes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.