So it all comes down to the 25-45' putts....

This sounds like great advice. However, I feel like I'm practicing MISSING putts. Can that be a thing? Reinforcing how to miss?
I don't believe that at all. Keep practicing. I've started practicing longer putts into circle 2 and I don't really make many of those and it's helping me be a better C1 putter.

Missing long c2 putts = more c1 putts made.

If ever going to PDGA tournaments do note at 33 feet or past 10 meters is where you can steep put, good tournaments will have a 33 foot thin cord on a stake or a sprayed on ground 33 foot circle for each basket.
Some courses around here have a small 6inch painted brick planted into the ground at the circle edge, just one is all it really takes to get a sense of the circle, seems like a great idea for any of you who build/design courses.

Yeah @itsRudy hit it on the head with reps and strength training. It's a certain set of muscles and timing. Much like building your drive it takes time to build your putting muscles. It would be easy to overlook this simple comment if you haven't been there.

I can putt two or three times the distance I could 10yrs ago. Comfortably without changing stance, it's just practice and muscles.

Practice and warm up are two different things.. practice long putts that you can't make, warm up with putts you can make.

This sounds like great advice. However, I feel like I'm practicing MISSING putts. Can that be a thing? Reinforcing how to miss?
The upside to this technique is learning to maximize your form and iron out little hitches that dont show up when you only have to send the disc 15 feet.

If you're still working on getting swing consistency its probably good to start there before moving out to 30-40-50. If you're really struggling with consistency it may be worth looking at different techniques to find one that your body can repeat 100 out of 100 times the same way. This doesnt mean making 100 of 100 putts, it just means your body motion is very consistent. What worked for me was to keep my elbow close to my body and only move it up and down during my swing (no chicken-winging!) - that took a lot of inconsistency out of my swing, and as long as I'm squared at the basket, almost all my misses are high or low not left or right.

If its just an issue of "I make more when I'm closer" then I would say, its just a practice technique for a specific purpose. if you want the endorphin reward of sinking putts, step back inside the circle after and watch how many you sink. Good to end your practice on a high note.

Also, Calvin tip for putting practice - reset your putting stance on every throw - especially if you miss. Correcting with your arm when you have bad footing or arent properly squared _will_ cause you to practice bad form.

This is a dark thought.

I guess if you are doing something like focusing on putting with a specific mechanic that happens to be faulty, it is possible to reinforce it via "random reinforcement" by making some putts here and there, but they are in spite of the mechanic and not because of it. That's how people pick up bad habits and tics and strange beliefs in a lot of contexts.

Winds have been ridiculous?

PuttAEnvy...

@Serious-OLD seriously is right. Practice everything but keep your confidence up by starting or finishing in circle and reset your footing. Even if im putting from the same mark/distance using a lawnchair or whatever to hold my 20 stack of envy up haha I walk around in a circle or whatever every time I grab a disc, to practice seriously.... but if im making them a little rapid fire remember the motion repetition is also good. Vary it up.

That messed up distance for you whatever length, you know it when you're there and go "OH 💩 ". Because you know, you frigging know it's your awkward How do I throw distance. Practice it. Especially from that edge just beyond comfortable, the distance eventually gets longer but I'd be lying I I said it was less awkward.

Winds have been ridiculous?

PuttAEnvy...

@Serious-OLD . Even if im putting from the same mark/distance using a lawnchair or whatever to hold my 20 stack of envy up haha I walk around in a circle or whatever every time I grab a disc, to practice seriously....
You need one of these. Been a nice addition 1000000811.jpg