• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] so which leopards are actually understable? looking for a new understable fairway..

DX would probably be a bit too flippy for you, or would get that way soon. I'd say probably star or pro, depending on how much turn you're looking for both now and once its beat in. Echo might be perfect, but as someone mentioned Echo Leo's are a bit hit or miss on how they act. If you can find one without too much dome, it'd be right about the stablity you want.

Could also just get a 170ish one instead of 175, probably get the job done.

I would recommend a max weight Pro Leopard. Pro is the plastic that Leopards are made for IMO. Once they break in a little bit they are hyzerflipping money.
But if you want something similar, check out an Icon Patriot from Legacy. They are sooooo sweet.

My champ is like you described the one you threw. My pro was wicked straight for a day. Then it hit a few trees and some dummy parked it on the road. Now that pro is my long smooth right turn disc with flat release. My star is true to flight ratings IMO and rides a nice S on flat release, straight on hyzer release, and turns wide right on anhyzer (still come back left in end).

be careful with the max weight pro Leopards. I have one that I love to throw but it scales at 178g. I have to remind myself not to bag it for a tourney even though it flies like a dream.

Flatter Leopards usually have a higher PLH and will thus be more stable. Stars/EcoStars and DX have been domier from what I've seen in the last year or so. I agree that the Leo is awesome in pro. such an underrated disc.

I'll look into the star and pro leopards, might get a couple to try out. Any chance a Valkyrie might have the stability i was wishing my amps had?

I'll look into the star and pro leopards, might get a couple to try out. Any chance a Valkyrie might have the stability i was wishing my amps had?

Pretty big difference in the champ and pro valk too. Stability wise.

Maybe you got a fluke amp. My amp is pretty new but with 400' of power it turns for a bit and comes back, every time. Try a star sw, or z avenger ss, if you're looking for something slower, a patriot, or vibram trak.

Maybe you got a fluke amp. My amp is pretty new but with 400' of power it turns for a bit and comes back, every time. Try a star sw, or z avenger ss, if you're looking for something slower, a patriot, or vibram trak.

Maybe, but i have two that are identical.. same weight.. same very understable flight.

Maybe i should buy a newer amp? Not sure if mine are first runs, but were there issues with the first runs being more understable than intended? Didnt both the volt and shock have issues with their first runs being less stable than intended?

be careful with the max weight pro Leopards. I have one that I love to throw but it scales at 178g. I have to remind myself not to bag it for a tourney even though it flies like a dream.

Flatter Leopards usually have a higher PLH and will thus be more stable. Stars/EcoStars and DX have been domier from what I've seen in the last year or so. I agree that the Leo is awesome in pro. such an underrated disc.

That is why I tend to not weigh my discs. That way, if they are overweight I don't know and feel no guilt in using them. :p Besides, it's not like anybody is going to call you on a discs weight in the middle of a tourney.

I ask this because I borrowed a friends leopard the other day and threw it about 390 after it flipped up(not much of a hyzer flip either) to flat.. at that distance it showed no signs of turning over. For the record it was a 175 champ leopard.. a newer run.

What would a star or pro behave like? Ive been hearing pro leopards are awesome.. but what about the stars?

My amps are too flippy for my liking, so im curious about other understable fairways seeing as the proton amp isnt out yet.

can you post a video of you throwing this leo please

I will echo the DX / Pro Leopard suggestions. It's not flashy, but it's effective. I love the fact that they don't take a lot of arm speed. It's a classic for a reason:)

Everyone saying Patriot...is exactly right! It replaced my leopard.

I had the same problem with the newer champ leopards being too stable for what I wanted. It seems like the newer ones are coming out with a little more dome to them. I used to look for the flatter ones. Proline leopards are $, but weren't worth the replacement cost imo. Hence my switch to the almighty Patriot!

Latest posts