• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So you want to learn how to putt in the wind?

I hear a firebird is a decent putter into a 50mph headwind

Chris, why weren't you at the GBO then? You would've killed the competition if this is such an easy putt for you!! I saw the wind do things to discs I didn't think was possible last weekend. The best round in Open on the final day was a 62...which was even, and that was Shoestring.... So please go take some vids of you hitting 20-30 footers into a 50 mph headwind, PLEASE.

COME_f47669_1952557.jpg

I do that regularly, the concept of a dominant foot sort of loses its meaning when straddle putting. But also there might be a number of other reasons why you would use one foot or the other behind the mini. For example how comfortable the stance is, wind direction and the ground conditions that the disc might end up in if you miss. So all of that could affect which foot you put behind the mini, atleast it does for me :)

I guess it's just a comfort thing for me? dunno, oh well!

we are pretty sure the guy putting is our homie from austin. this gives me endless giggles. i actually stole part of his form... not this straddle business, but his legit spin putt.

i can't wait to give him ***t in person.

I have played in wind almost as bad as the OP. One day, I was curious to see just how strong it was, and I released my 175 Cryztal Nuke on a hyzer plane and it ended up turning over super hard, then rolling/bounce almost halfway back to me. It would hit the ground and bounce then fly another 20 feet or so back while airborne off the bounce. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

Is that victory lap a courtesy violation? Excessive celebration?

I don't think anyone would call someone on that. It seemed like the camera man halfway wanted to join him. That makes me want to find a windy day and just try that over and over and over...

that day was brutal. the only thing that made me feel better about the 97 i threw on that round was that i birdied that hole in the video, hole 18. good last hole for a very challenging weekend of golf.

In addition to discounting "internet distance," we probably need to discount "internet wind." People who have no problem putting into a 50mph wind are a lot more common on the forums than in real life, just like all the people who regularly park 450-foot holes with their Roc.

In addition to discounting "internet distance," we probably need to discount "internet wind." People who have no problem putting into a 50mph wind are a lot more common on the forums than in real life, just like all the people who regularly park 450-foot holes with their Roc.

haha I totally agree. Everytime I read a thread on how to play or putt better in the wind you have some guy from Little Breeze, West Carolina telling you it's no different and not hard. Well wind ain't the same everywhere. Some of you have things called elevation and foliage that some of us only read about in the picture magazines.

:mad:

haha I totally agree. Everytime I read a thread on how to play or putt better in the wind you have some guy from Little Breeze, West Carolina telling you it's no different and not hard. Well wind ain't the same everywhere. Some of you have things called elevation and foliage that some of us only read about in the picture magazines.

:mad:

Well shoot son, come on over to NH! We have plenty of foliage and elevation to go around! Zenbot - Amen to that! The most you see on the PGA tour is a fist pump and a wave. Not saying we should be DG zombies, but keep it together!

The guy in the video is not from Texas. He is from KC. I won't give his name because he is already getting grief locally. That was a putt for 3 on a very big par 4.

I mean, the guys gonna get some grief, but I think we all know it could happen to any of us. I don't know how good he is, but that was just a lapse in judgement, that's about it.

The guy in the video is not from Texas. He is from KC. I won't give his name because he is already getting grief locally. That was a putt for 3 on a very big par 4.

Anyone giving him crap is obviously not very smart. That was one of the windiest days ever and I've seen pretty bad in my thirty years here. He's also pretty good if that was a third shot on that hole. It was a very tough finishing hole and anyone who took par or less has my respect. Especially on a day like that. :thmbup:

That actually wasnt a Putt for 3. He was putting 4 there. His putt for 3 was about 8 feet behind his spot in the video. He tried jump putting to lay up, but threw it nose down and landed at his spot in the video.

Anyone giving him crap is obviously not very smart. That was one of the windiest days ever and I've seen pretty bad in my thirty years here. He's also pretty good if that was a third shot on that hole. It was a very tough finishing hole and anyone who took par or less has my respect. Especially on a day like that. :thmbup:

I took a circle 5 on that hole and was very pleased with it. That was a very tough finishing hole.