• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SOOO close to my first ace!

corey

Bogey Member
Played a round today with several friends and youth, and I was within spitting distance of my first ace.

Deming Park, #17. It's about 200' from the tee, with a telephone pole slightly in the way and a huge tree with overhanging branches behind the basket. I parked it 4-5' short of the basket on a slight, slight hyzer.

So tantalizingly close to that first ace... man I wish I had just put the tiniest bit more on it. Well, either way it was my most exciting shot, watching that Leopard make it's run. Had to get on here and share the good news (not that anyone should care that much...haha, but it makes me feel better.)

You will get it soon. I don't have one yet, but I have hit the basket twice. Its a sick and happy feeling at the same time.

I always think when I am that close that I must be doing something right. Just keep playing and it will happen.

My one and only ace came when I wasn't really trying to get one. All I wanted to do was park it within 15' for a good birdie but and it hyzered more than I thought and it landed in the chains. Ill take a 1 over a 2 any day...

I wouldn't really consider that being close to your first ace. I don't have any aces but I park shots like that pretty often. It will make you cry even more when you come much closer. For example, when it bounces of the pole or basket, or hits chains and out. However, if you are not that consistent with parking short drives yet that must have been a great feeling. Keep on playing you will only get better.

I wouldn't really consider that being close to your first ace. I don't have any aces but I park shots like that pretty often. It will make you cry even more when you come much closer. For example, when it bounces of the pole or basket, or hits chains and out. However, if you are not that consistent with parking short drives yet that must have been a great feeling. Keep on playing you will only get better.

I've gotta agree with striker. While it was a great shot, it doesn't sound like it was close to being an ace. You have to give it a chance to be close to an ace...for instance: flying by the basket at chain height (within a few feet) or hitting the basket/chains.

But sitting within 5' is still an awesome shot. You'll get closer and closer as others have mentioned hitting basket/chains/poles. If you were pumped about that shot, you're going to be totally stoked when you get that first ace, it's an awesome feeling:D.

Hit the chains a few days ago.

I don't have an "offical" ace yet. However yesterday I hit half the chains on the left side of the basket, just didn't go in. On the same course I hit the metal pole. I just keep getting closer and closer until one day I will start droppin them in!

ive been too close too many times. its soo tantilizing when you hit the chains and it ends up falling out (ive done it 3 times on the same hole this summer, once of an amazing skip that i thought had no chance so i looked away and was heading for my bag when i heard the chains and my friends all go, "OHHHHH.....****....") haha its gonna happen and i have a feeling that it will be that hole (17th at Stony Creek Metropark).

Last edited:

Latest posts