• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: won our local Ice Bowl last weekend = first open division win (SN sanctioned)

Bad: got fired from my job 2 days before that

Another Good: don't have to deal with that company's bulls**t anymore, and I'll be moving back to Dallas in May (meaning I'll have access to 30X as many courses)

Ugly: the job market in Texarkana...it's either "sir, you need to pre-pay for your gas" or "would you like fries with that?" :evil: :evil:

Good: New version of old course 9 hole course expands to 18 holes in 12 days!
The Star Starfire I had lost in the lake was found and returned to me.

Bad: My backhand technique
the tye-dye champ orc I threw in the lake on one of the unopened new holes

Ugly: Weather the last couple days

Good: Got some sweet super domey star wraiths and a star whippet for $12 a piece at the local DG shop. also Maryland won.

bad: did something funky to my back and I am too stupid to take enough time off to let it get well.

ugly: your momma.

Good: Won my first advanced tourney, though it was a smaller charity event.

Bad: Wasn't on my A-game.

Ugly: Partly because wind was constant 15+ mph with huge gusts, literally howling at times.

The good- Got three rounds in at Golden Gate park this morning. I started at 6:40am, only saw two other guys out. Finished by getting a bird on #18!

The bad- Having to leave and drive 90 miles to get home.

The ugly- My feet are killing me after 4 days and 135 holes of golf. But man is it worth it!!!!!

The Good: Played pretty well, better than some of the guys i thought were better than me (or at least they talked like it) :twisted:
The bad: missed a close putt :oops:

The Ugly: Still have to clean up and shave, and do laundry before i go to sleep for work tomorrow.

I HATES WORK :x

The good: Played my best round of the year so far, six down one bogey.
The bad: Shot par on the easiest hole on the course, usually I'm holding my breath for that ace.
The ugly: I need to replace 2 discs that I was really wishing I had today.

I know weak ugly, but I had to put something there.

Good: I 3'ed Hole 13 (Long Pad, Left Pin) at Swope Park today for the first time in a round. Control Driver, Control Driver, 40 ft putt. Bam!
Bad: All the front iron my putts were hitting.

The Good: Got to play in my first Ice Bowl

The Bad: Only shot Par on a course where a -4 is a normal score.

The Ugly: I was so upset with my performance, I came home and spent 3 hours at the practice field trying to see what I did wrong.

I did lean a few things, but my shoulder hurt like hell the next day. :(

Nice shirt in the avatar midnightbiker.

Good: Ace today and the best score this winter in a bit of wind and a vandalized basket spitting out a throw that normally stays in. On day for putting and finding out the best power range for me in putting that's getting back on strongly. Mostly metal at any putting range.

Bad: Hurting back, ankle, arm and anterior deltoid. Already hurting from previous working and exercising.

Ugly: The company tasting new good beers and the best balsam and one of the best whiskys. I really liked Jack Daniels no. 7 but Finnish monastery Valamo's balsam is among the very top hard liquors I've tasted. Yummy indeed. Estonian Puls Jäägri is a very good beer. So I think the next day will be ugly :)

Bad: I lost my red E Sabre today that's been in the bag off and on for 2 years. It kicked into the drink on #12 at Northshore in Fayetteville, AR. The major ice storm severley eliminated a lot of the branches that used to stop your disc before it kicked into the lake. Basically, it's a 325 tunnel shot with some 5-10 ft gaps you have to hit. What makes it really tricky is the lake on the left, which is 5 to 20 ft left of the fairway.

Good: Threw some pretty nice drives and other throws of various types, generally recovered well from poor drives

Bad: High winds all day made putting a crapshoot and between the wind and my still-developing basic skills I had a lot of throws go badly off

Ugly: Bought a used Valkyrie today and then apparently left it on the ground somewhere towards the end of a round. Hopefully whoever picks it up will give me a call

Good: Had by best tournament round 999 rated, and finished 2nd in advanced.

Bad: Lost my augusta Wraith, and beat DX Teebird

Ugly: Rained the day before the tournament, and all during the tournament. Natural Tee pads, and 45deg temps. Very, very, muddy and standing water.

The good: Played 5 different courses today
The bad: Two of them weren't fun. I actually played one with the infamous aviar cheetah combo(All short holes except one that needed a roller).
The ugly: Hole 17 AF I hit every tree in my way and ended up taking a 7.

the BAD
went out to play a round today and the course was a mess, soupy mud everywhere. on top of that there was 30+ MPH wind which usually i consider fun but today it wasnt helping my mood. after almost slipping and falling on my first couple teeshots and airballing putts left and right i was unusually pissed off so i figure ill smoke a cig and calm down........search the bag...NO LIGHTER!! :( after some more searching we found a book of matches in my buddy's bag so i get to trying to light one up in this F-ing hurricane wind.......no luck on the first two but the third time was really a charm, the matchhead got stuck to my finger as i lit it and i burnt the shit out of my fingertip (throwing hand) :evil: AAAHHHHHH! i break the cig in anger and step up and toss my tee shot OB (into the middle of a pond sized puddle about 5 inches deep :roll: )....by the time i get to the basket and miss my putt(s) im so bitter that i throw my driving putter in anger at a park bench (i never get mad like this on the course :oops: )........whiz!! my putter misses the bench and cruises right into the water :cry: ....... i cool myself off a bit (manage to light a cig) and play out my 9 (shooting aweful).
so i figure F it, the round isnt working out so i figured id let some max D shots fly in this ridiculous wind and see what i can do, i hit up the field on the way to the parking lot and first throw i slip and wrench my knee a bit and stack into the god damn mud!!!!

The UGLY:
I walk back to my car covered in mud, thoroughly pissed and sad that i lost a good putter and i reach into my bag to get my phone out and......................my phone is gone..AWESOME!!!
i searched the whole course but i know i left it on the bench when i was looking for my lighter :( and some douchebag picked it up and decided to call mexico with it instead of finding the owner :| thanks dawg :( i shut it off and hopefully i dont have to pay for the couple hours when it was being used by a thief

the GOOD: fuckin nuthin (worst round ever)

Damn bro, that WAS a bad round. I was going to bitch about the wind and mud, but I'd feel like a wuss after reading about THAT round. :oops:

Ugly - Nothing really.

Bad - My feet got really wet because everyone melted over the last two days.

Good - Shot -7 (my new best) at O'hauser in Menasha. It is also really nice out today and it is Friday :D

rusch_bag said:
Ugly - Nothing really.

Bad - My feet got really wet because everyone melted over the last two days.

Good - Shot -7 (my new best) at O'hauser in Menasha. It is also really nice out today and it is Friday :D

Hey I think I met you yesterday! You were sitting on the table on hole #1 and said you had your best round then I said I had a bad round (snow golf sucks).

Good: More light after work = more disc golf!
Bad: Everything melted then we got ice & 4" snow yesterday
Ugly: Nothing!

pd