• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

South Bend, IN

My friend liked Rum Village a lot and it is a free course. I've heard good things about George Wilson but I can not remember what the entrance fee is. The course incorporates a sledding hill I believe. Depending on how much time and transportation you have, I would try to hit Rogers Lakewood in Valpo (Valparaiso). It's a bit of a trek but it would be well worth your time.

Well, if your going to be in South Bend you have a few options...(where exactly are you going to be at?) Rum Village and George Wilson ($3) are down the street from each other. George Wilson has alot of elevation changes but also offers some technical holes on the front 9. Rum Village is more technical and is mostly shaded. There is also Bertrand up in Niles MI (state line isn't to far from south bend..maybe 30m) but that is fairly expensive at about $9 including parking, Small pitch-putt type course and they have a tourny July 11th. Ferriette Baugo course is also another one you can go to...I have only been there shortly after winter so it was kind of a mess and I was NOT impressed at $4 a person. You also have Ox Bow in goshen/elkhart---very very buggy so bring bug spray!!! I actually really like ox bow with them offered 24 holes now and its only $3 to park and $1 to play. tight wooded course and fairly fun...anyways thats about it haha...If I HAD to pick just one...I would choose either Rum Village or George Wilson...if you want to test your distance on a 610' Downhill hole go to George Wilson

Thanks alot for the replies. I will be staying in Roseland near Notre Dame. Right now based on your feedback and the course reviews I'm leaning toward George Wilson.