• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Speakers and Ipod in a Fade Tourney?

StrikerME02

Birdie Member
I was just wondering if anyone has odne this and how they set it up. I have some cheap smaller computer speakers I wanted to use to play my Ipod in my Fade Tournament Bag, but I don't know if there would be anywhere I could put it to get it to work out as the side pockets arent that huge. Please let me hear your experiences.

My buddy had speakers like that in his bag forever and used to jam out.....until Tulsa last year.

My buddy had speakers like that in his bag forever and used to jam out.....until Tulsa last year.

Was it in a Fade Tournament bag or a Revolution because I know that the Revolution's have the huge side pockets for it. Just trying to figure out how I could make it work.

He had clips on the back of the speakers that clipped onto the bag. But not anymore..

The best thing to do is to go to Best Buy and pick up these speakers that attach to the outside of your bag. My buddy just picked up one that hooks into the ipod for $20 and the sound quality is actually really good. It runs on triple A batteries but I know there is one out there where the ipod charges the speakers so there is no need for batteries. Tunes while discing = glorious

You could move the dividers in the disc compartment out making 2 small outside slots and 1 big inside slot and then put the speakers facing upward in the outside slots. Not sure if that would leave enough room for you discs in the middle compartment and the sound might get a little muffled coming from inside the bag.

Did you not see the mushroom cloud in that direction last 4th of July? We had a little compatition going on and after I took a 13 on a hole(Threw across a creek over and over which we play OB since it beyond) I caught him in about 25 holes and took back my lead. Well he took a 20 foot runup and jumped about 4 foot straight up and straight down onto his back which had his Ipod and entire setup in it. Well he doesnt listen to music anymore. It did work very well though from the times we played together. He actually bought me a set of the speakers for a present but never used them because I just put my earbuds in. But it will work. Look at a thread on here about a gorilla bag upgrade. I forget who did it but it looked very cool and he said it was weather proof which is a big plus!!

Did you not see the mushroom cloud in that direction last 4th of July? We had a little compatition going on and after I took a 13 on a hole(Threw across a creek over and over which we play OB since it beyond) I caught him in about 25 holes and took back my lead. Well he took a 20 foot runup and jumped about 4 foot straight up and straight down onto his back which had his Ipod and entire setup in it. Well he doesnt listen to music anymore. It did work very well though from the times we played together. He actually bought me a set of the speakers for a present but never used them because I just put my earbuds in. But it will work. Look at a thread on here about a gorilla bag upgrade. I forget who did it but it looked very cool and he said it was weather proof which is a big plus!!

Dang....the poor speakers.

I just wired my up this weekend. I went and bought some poratble speakers from walmart. They are philips mp3 speakers with an amplifier that takes 3 aaa batteries they work very well. I cut a few small holes in the bag and have 1 speaker in one pocket, 1 in the other and then the 1/8" headphone jack coming out of the cup holder that I carry my iphone/mp3/scorecard in. The speakers were only about 20 bucks. They have a cage around the actual cone of the speaker so anything you throw in those pockets won't get damaged. I had to cut one of the wires for one of the pockets. If you do buy a split system like this the wires have to be soldered back together. They are a special headphone wire that has an insulator in them that doesn't short them out. If you do want to do this PM me and I will help you through it. It's not that bad. It sounds great by the way. Here are a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 52
here is the headphone jack coming out of the other cup holder that holds the iphone

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 35
i pull my daughters around in a wagon and the music keeps them somewhat entertained so they're not bored by hole 13 or whatever. They can get pretty loud, but I never put them up that high to distract or annoy other players.

There's a guy who does this in tournaments around here. It is rather annoying. You can tell he's more focused on his music than his game...

I never mind music at a reasonable volume when I'm playing casually, but I think you would be totally justified in asking the person to turn the music off in competitive play. I know that music, especially something that I don't necessarily enjoy, can be distracting when throwing.

I just wired my up this weekend. I went and bought some poratble speakers from walmart. They are philips mp3 speakers with an amplifier that takes 3 aaa batteries they work very well. I cut a few small holes in the bag and have 1 speaker in one pocket, 1 in the other and then the 1/8" headphone jack coming out of the cup holder that I carry my iphone/mp3/scorecard in. The speakers were only about 20 bucks. They have a cage around the actual cone of the speaker so anything you throw in those pockets won't get damaged. I had to cut one of the wires for one of the pockets. If you do buy a split system like this the wires have to be soldered back together. They are a special headphone wire that has an insulator in them that doesn't short them out. If you do want to do this PM me and I will help you through it. It's not that bad. It sounds great by the way. Here are a few pics

Wow that is really creative and it looks really sweet. I am not sure if I want to put holes in my bag, but if I am willing to try this out I will definately PM you. Thanks for the pics.