• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spiderwire Bag in action (lots of pictures)

Is the tackle box you leave in the bottom big enough for a light wind/rain shell? Living in Colorado sometimes such a shell is what you need when the wind a rain comes up.

There is a lot of room in the bottom, or the top (depending on if you leave a tackle box in the bottom or not. about 2" x 9" x about 14"

I have decided to sell the bag. I wanted the larger pockets in a bag. If anyone in the Metro Detroit area is interested, let me know!

Might have to take a field trip to Dick's....:) Thanks for the review.

Nice Avatar btw.. Just had to stop playing because the carshop by my house closed down.. i'll drive 40mins to play DG, but not MTG.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

^^^Nice finds

I bought the spiderwire bag from shawn and must say it's pretty cool. I think I'm gonna mod the inside to hold a six pack pouch-cooler or something along those lines. Tons of pockets on this baby for all your stuff and pretty good construction. I normally use my crunch box for casual rounds but I'm gonna try this out for a few rounds to see how she handles on the course.

Thanks again Shawn.

One solution to address both of those issues is a PVC frame for the inside of the bag. That's what I used for my last bag that didn't have a water bottle holder. Since the water bottle was inside the bag, it reduced the number of discs that I could carry. It worked great.

Also having the water in the middle of the bag helps distribute the weight better. I made my own bag and I keep the water in the middle with drivers on the left and mids on the right.

It's nice to see that so many people are considering alternatives to the overpriced DG bags. I would like a nicer bag, but I would never pay the over inflated prices for most DG bags. I've seen quite a few fishing/hiking/biking bags that seem as good or better than most DG bags on the market and cost less than half the price. My mom actually made my younger brother a bag that is very similar to a nutsac, but it is green and has more functionality( protected internal pockets and water bottle holders).

I don't think the prices for disc golf bags are over inflated. You're trying to compare small disc golf bag manufacturers with larger bag companies. The companies that make those tackle bags also make a lot of other types of bags. They order fabric in quantities that give them a huge price break. Companies like Revolution, Gorilla Boy and Voodoo don't order near enough fabric to get those types of price breaks. It's just not feasible for Disc Golf bag companies to offer those low prices due to what they pay for materials and the fact that they don't mass produce the bags in a foreign country which has cheap labor with little to no benefits. I would rather get a bag that is geared to the sport than cobble something together. This is a personal choice for what works for me. I am not saying people shouldn't try other options depending on their budget. I just don't think you should rip on a bag company that is trying to offer something to the sport.