• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spiderwire Bag in action (lots of pictures)

Cabela's has the same looking bag, but made by Berkley (which I suspect is the same company) on sale for $34.99

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Tackle-Storage/Tackle-Bags%7C/pc/104793480/c/104777280/sc/104619780/Berkley174-FireLine174-Tackle-Bag/731030.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffishing-tackle-storage-tackle-bags%2F_%2FN-1100378%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104619780%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104793480%253Bcat104777280&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104793480%3Bcat104777280%3Bcat104619780

s7_125071_001_01

HA! that is the same exact bag, but a different company... hey, they come in red now it seems

Man I've got a Marlboro tackle bag I should try for this. Sucker is heavy though but it wouldn't hurt to try it at least.

So who is really missing out on the DG market? DG companies for making bags of lesser quality for the same money, or whoever makes these bags? Seems like they could just slap a DG related emblem on it, and only make a slight change or two and have one of the best DG bags around.

That's a sweet looking bag! I still dont think I'll ever need to carry 2 dozen discs tho, you've gotta be worn out after carrying that around all day.

My first bag was a Plano tackle bag. I like the looks of the original black bag.

I use those same straps and love them, I bought a second pair over a year ago incase mine wear out, but so far they are holding up great.

no water bottle holder makes it a tough sell for me... also i dont carry that many discs... my rule of thumb is that if it doesn't get thrown in a round or two its out

no water bottle holder makes it a tough sell for me... also i dont carry that many discs... my rule of thumb is that if it doesn't get thrown in a round or two its out

One solution to address both of those issues is a PVC frame for the inside of the bag. That's what I used for my last bag that didn't have a water bottle holder. Since the water bottle was inside the bag, it reduced the number of discs that I could carry. It worked great.

That's a sweet looking bag! I still dont think I'll ever need to carry 2 dozen discs tho, you've gotta be worn out after carrying that around all day.

I have a Fade crunch box I practice with. A lot of these discs are doubles incase I loose any during a round. I think I might take a few out, and put two water bottles in the center and divide my putters/mids, and drivers

So who is really missing out on the DG market? DG companies for making bags of lesser quality for the same money, or whoever makes these bags? Seems like they could just slap a DG related emblem on it, and only make a slight change or two and have one of the best DG bags around.

I think people are just having an issue with bags that are the same, or even lesser quality then this, and being charged $150 bucks. That pretty much has to do with the quantity that is sold though. They had about 6 of these at the Dick's Sporting Goods I went to, and I'm sure they would not be able to supply the same amount if it was for disc golf.

What is the length of the Innova U divider? You can buy them individually, and wondering if it would fit this. I guess I could also as what the length of the DisCarrier is as well.

What is the length of the Innova U divider? You can buy them individually, and wondering if it would fit this. I guess I could also as what the length of the DisCarrier is as well.

Probably be better off doing a PVC frame on this bag. The Innova or Discarrier may not fill that center area enough to do any good. I can't wait to get home tonight to dig out my Marlboro bag to see how that does.

Do what gorilla boy is doing now and get two larger pieces of free floating pvc. Its oddly better.

Also, thanks for posting this. Looks like a great alternative to GripEq. I may still go GB though.

I just bought this bag and have to say, you sure steered me right with this review. Very nice, solidly built, not as heavy as it looks and perfect disc storage proportions (with the single case at the bottom). I will be using the side pocket you had used for putters as a cupholder. My Nalgene seems to fit fine and it is ready made to hold two adult beverage bottles side by side with the strap velcro'd between them. Actually, I prefer this to a regular cupholder for the multi-beer possibilities. Thanks for the review!

I just bought this bag and have to say, you sure steered me right with this review. Very nice, solidly built, not as heavy as it looks and perfect disc storage proportions (with the single case at the bottom). I will be using the side pocket you had used for putters as a cupholder. My Nalgene seems to fit fine and it is ready made to hold two adult beverage bottles side by side with the strap velcro'd between them. Actually, I prefer this to a regular cupholder for the multi-beer possibilities. Thanks for the review!

Great idea. I didn't think of using that as a drink holder. I was planning on just putting them in the bag because of the flat bottom, but the side pocket works great. Now I only have a million other putter pocket choices. :hfive:

Well I tried my Marlboro tackle bag last night and sadly it has no way to work with quads so I'm not taking it any further. It would be a great bag and actually has 2 great putter pockets that each fit two putters. However the loops for the strap are on opposite sides of the bag instead of both on top so a shoulder strap is the only way to go.

Is the tackle box you leave in the bottom big enough for a light wind/rain shell? Living in Colorado sometimes such a shell is what you need when the wind a rain comes up.

Latest posts