• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Splatter Star Plastic

ArtemisClydFr0g

Birdie Member
I searched but found limited results on this plastic. How does it compare to standard Star plastic in stability, feel, etc.?

I saw a comment on the Shryke thread that it is slightly more stable than a stock Star Shryke. Is that consistent with other molds as well? Also interested in whether it molds up more or less domey if anyone has any observations on that.

I had a Splatter Star Teebird a few months ago. Seemed to be closer to stock Champ than Star.

My splatter S Emperors were a little more Os than the S and I blends I was throwing, assume that are similar.

I've found Splatter to be a touch more grippy than some iterations of Star plastic. Also agree with the others above; not sure if it is less about the plastic itself and more about how the plastic molds up, but in my experience splatter plastic has indicated the disc is more OS than regular Star.

I've found Splatter Star discs to be more overstable than regular Star. In feel, all the Splatter Stars I've tried were relatively hard, almost like Champion plastic, while regular Star can be that firm or be a tad softer. But I'd say the biggest difference is how OS Splatter Star is relative to regular Star and other plastics...

I've found Splatter Star discs to be more overstable than regular Star. In feel, all the Splatter Stars I've tried were relatively hard, almost like Champion plastic, while regular Star can be that firm or be a tad softer. But I'd say the biggest difference is how OS Splatter Star is relative to regular Star and other plastics...

I've only thrown 1 splatter star disc. A Brinster Destroyer. Massively overstable and glideless. Plastic itself was beautiful and a bit gummy.

Reminded me a lot of a McBeth star Destroyer.