• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Springtime road trip to Harmon Hills.

Tee1

Eagle Member
So. After 11 years and having played 8 of the current top 20 courses. This Wednesday I'm finally making the trip to Harmon Hills for my bi yearly weeklong DG roadtrip. The weather is looking great and it's the week of my 46th Bday. Which is Friday.

Driving down Tuesday and playing HH all day Wednesday. Then back up 81 towards home. I've already got Mayflower in Roanoke as a must play. Any other jewels in Southwest VA or the HH area I should know about?

You guys have always given me great suggestions. And if there's a local DGCR member that would like to throw with a couple 920ish rated am Masters that jam out to Phish and appreciate good beer and good vibes. We will be teeing off about 11. Thanks. Tee1.

90 min to Richmond Hills in Asheville NC, I did both on consecutive days a few years back and it's well worth it.

I loved all those ravine shots. Reminded me of Whippin Post on a smaller scale.

Panther Creek in Morristown, TN having played both but several years apart, it would be interesting to see how they would stack up against each other after playing both on a road trip.

Thanks Shuie! Good call. I just now got to the hotel after 6 hours on 81. Getting ready to drink some IPA and grab dinner. Thanks for the rec. Much obliged.

I'll 2nd Shuie's Panther Creek recommendation. Really a wonderful course, and not that far from Harmon. ... they'd make for one helluva 1-2 punch.

If you're looking for a lighter round in that area, I'd recommend Morristown Kiwanis. Not epic, but a really fun, techicnal course that won't take as much out of you as Harmon or Panther... lots of shot shaping with mids, and not nearly as taxing on your legs.

Edit: think I posted too late to do the OP any good.

Last edited: