• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] SPZ3

No, not at all. More like a Sidewinder(actual flight-not numbers)
Speed: 9 Glide: 6 Turn: -1 Fade: 2

I haven't thrown it yet but I've heard it's more stable than it's numbers. Now I don't know what to believe.

Last edited:
Getaway is a very good comparison.

I ran our Trilogy Challenge, I've seen it thrown by all levels of players and thrown it myself many times. It's nothing like a Hatchet, Fury, Escape or Sidewinder. More stable than a Stag or Saint. Haven't thrown Vision or Vandal.

Instinct, Thunderbird, Getaway.

That'd be a terrible disc for a beginner then.

My theory is they're more worried about having a disc that will have long term sales potential and not have to get retired. I think the Patrol only lasted like 18 months after its Trilogy Challenge before it was retired. Besides, beginners will like the Bounty, pretty straight midrange, kinda like a Warrant or regular Truth. At the same time there are a lot of forehand dominate beginners that throw like they're chopping down a tree and like overstable stuff.

It's a better model to do a good disc than one that is just there for the event. Or run an older disc in a new plastic like they are doing with Crown this time around.

Or it could be like the Sampo and Gatekeeper were that we're more overstable in the TC run than the production run.

The Sampo is a strange disc. Never figured that one out.

The Sampo is a strange disc. Never figured that one out.

Don't know that anyone did. The TC run was like a fast PD verging into Firebird territory, and the production runs were all over the place.

For real. Maybe they plan on running them in Zero plastic for the beginner sets.

Maybe, or prime equivalent. What I don't understand is that they already have the Diamond, Jade and Breakout which are beginner discs. What's the point really?

Got a little more information on the flight numbers. Couple posters above were right on point. The SPZ line was originally an Amazon exclusive starter set in baseline plastic. In the case of the SPZ3 it was in retro and those flight numbers were accurate for the disc in that plastic. Based on that they decided it would make for a good Trilogy Challenge disc. However, once they ran them in premium plastics they came out much more domey and therefore much more overstable.

Ran a trilogy Challenge and it was def a semi stable disc. I would say it was similar to a beat in thunderbird/Undertaker. I noticed turn out of the box...very close to the printed flight numbers.

any place selling extra players packs? want to try both the spz3 and the bounty. Don't have a trilogy challenge anywhere near me.

where i live at the virus is hitting really hard right now. don't really want to be around people.