• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SQUATCH Legend!

I really have to find ways to get enough discs in the main compartment to make it worth carrying in a normal situation.

I would love to see even a simple velcro divider added to the main compartment so that there is more versatility in capacity.

I also plan to get an accordion style divider for the putter pocket. I did this once upon a time with my prodiscus jet pack because I do not like my putters sitting staggered in the putter pocket, especially if I am going to have to leave my bag in the hot car or something. The pocket being wide enough for most discs is nice, but putters are not that wide and shift easily side to side.

I've been using my legend for about 6 weeks now, and have probably played 25 rounds with it.

Things I like about the bag that I wasn't sure about on purchase:
- carries really well as long as you take the time to dial in the straps
- more than plenty of storage, I basically have one side pocket completely empty
- carries a full loadout I'd be happy with at any course
- external D rings are great for towels and chalk bags
- plenty of room for 5 discs and a towel in the putter pocket

Things I don't like about the bag -
- 'haul' pockets don't seem to be properly shaped.
- what I mean by this: I put a insulated haul insert in one side, and a 40oz hydroflask tends to pull or 'tip' the bag to that side. something about the design of this is quite off from Pound's version of those pockets. Haven't quite figured it out, but it does this with or without the insert placed in there.
- mini pocket and other storage in the larger putter pocket is awkward. an external mini pocket would have been nice, even if I rarely use a mini on the course.
- the squatch cooler bag is useless for drinks if you're not carrying normal sized cans/tallboys. Not great for gatorade type bottles at all. It's a great idea but definitely designed with beer drinkers in mind.

Overall I'm really happy with the bag. I still think the size is too big for me, so I might end up selling my Carlton, Legend, and Ridge v4 and buy a Rufus. I'm playing less these days, so I can definitely get away with a less expansive loadout

Overall I'm really happy with the bag. I still think the size is too big for me, so I might end up selling my Carlton, Legend, and Ridge v4 and buy a Rufus. I'm playing less these days, so I can definitely get away with a less expansive loadout

I've been hoarding bags for a while and currently have the following in my garage:
Carlton
Rufus
Legend
Ridge V4
Grip Large Tour V2
Revolution Dual Pack

Totally agree that the Legend is a quality bag, I just don't need something that big for 95% of my rounds. Planning to downsize my collection but definitely going to keep the Rufus and Ridge Roller. The rest of them just collect dust and discs.

I've been hoarding bags for a while and currently have the following in my garage:
Carlton
Rufus
Legend
Ridge V4
Grip Large Tour V2
Revolution Dual Pack

Totally agree that the Legend is a quality bag, I just don't need something that big for 95% of my rounds. Planning to downsize my collection but definitely going to keep the Rufus and Ridge Roller. The rest of them just collect dust and discs.

You're a maniac!

But the Rufus is excellent, for those of us who are downsizing.

(Currently own a Rebel, Carolina Team, and Rufus. The Rufus is the everyday carry...)

You're a maniac!

But the Rufus is excellent, for those of us who are downsizing.

(Currently own a Rebel, Carolina Team, and Rufus. The Rufus is the everyday carry...)
Contemplating a Rufus, and not too worried about disc space. I think I'd be fine.

But could you offer insight into how much space it has for wallet, keys, towels, range finder...all the little stuff?

My small bag is a Revolution Mini Deluxe and it gets a lot of use, and it'll outlive me. I'm wondering if a Octothorpe might be a better counterpoint for a tournament or winter days when layers might be more in play.

Contemplating a Rufus, and not too worried about disc space. I think I'd be fine.

But could you offer insight into how much space it has for wallet, keys, towels, range finder...all the little stuff?

My small bag is a Revolution Mini Deluxe and it gets a lot of use, and it'll outlive me. I'm wondering if a Octothorpe might be a better counterpoint for a tournament or winter days when layers might be more in play.
Plenty of space in the Rufus. A small outer zip pocket for keys and wallet / the large side pocket will hold a jacket or sweater, spare towel, small items - AND a retriever. The other side pocket (with the drink holder) can hold one large or two narrow bottles (velcro adjusting divider) and there's a small elastic pocket for snacks or phone, if you're pulling it out for uDisc.

Plenty of room, and either side can hold discs beyond the 19 in my carry (16 down below and 3 in the putter pocket).

I am completely happy with it, and play year-round in the NE. So I might start with layers and gradually stuff them in the bag throughout the course of the day.

My hesitance about the Octo (other than $) was that it's really meant to carry a lot of discs, in addition to providing room for other "stuff." I have a Rebel with similar room. But I purposely wanted to stop carrying around so many discs. Once I was confident that I could play virtually any course and conditions with fewer than 20 discs, the Rufus seemed like the perfect "mid" size bag.

Plenty of space in the Rufus. A small outer zip pocket for keys and wallet / the large side pocket will hold a jacket or sweater, spare towel, small items - AND a retriever. The other side pocket (with the drink holder) can hold one large or two narrow bottles (velcro adjusting divider) and there's a small elastic pocket for snacks or phone, if you're pulling it out for uDisc.

Plenty of room, and either side can hold discs beyond the 19 in my carry (16 down below and 3 in the putter pocket).

I am completely happy with it, and play year-round in the NE. So I might start with layers and gradually stuff them in the bag throughout the course of the day.

My hesitance about the Octo (other than $) was that it's really meant to carry a lot of discs, in addition to providing room for other "stuff." I have a Rebel with similar room. But I purposely wanted to stop carrying around so many discs. Once I was confident that I could play virtually any course and conditions with fewer than 20 discs, the Rufus seemed like the perfect "mid" size bag.
I love too see your input as my brother just made a major upgrade by getting a blue octo. He's got at least four or five rounds out of it so far and really likes it. His only issue so far is grabbing discs out of the main compartment. He prefers to keep his discs in order by speed. He finds it isn't as easy as his old one when putting a disc back in. He thinks he'll get used to it, though.

I love too see your input as my brother just made a major upgrade by getting a blue octo. He's got at least four or five rounds out of it so far and really likes it. His only issue so far is grabbing discs out of the main compartment. He prefers to keep his discs in order by speed. He finds it isn't as easy as his old one when putting a disc back in. He thinks he'll get used to it, though.

Thank you for the real world examples. It helps. And I'm with you on limiting disk.

You've already got a terrific small bag (I have a Revolution Carolina Team bag, it's built like a tank). And you wont go wrong with anything from Pound.

Kinda diggin the Lore look and price point.

No interest in the legend for its size. I've been looking for more a Grip B replacement, and the new lore may be something I invest in.

Kinda diggin the Lore look and price point.

No interest in the legend for its size. I've been looking for more a Grip B replacement, and the new lore may be something I invest in.

Same here. Though the Legend is now my every round carry bag (over the Carlton and Ridge). But, only carry about 22 discs with it, so I could easily pare that down to 20 (which I'd carry in my Carlton)

The side pocket design theory is unique on the Lore, but I'm interested to hear more about how their application from real life users before I'm sold on it.

I pre-ordered the Drew Gibson colorway on the Lore (red/black).

I really like the Legend but I haven't learned my lesson that I don't need a bag that big.

I like what the Lore offers much more than what the Rufus offers. The larger putter pocket and ability to carry a water bladder in the same manner as the Legend really sold me. Should be exactly the right number of discs and space for my needs.

I bought a legend two weekends ago, and now am Bummed out about the Lore coming out. It is currently getting a warranty replacement though because UPS messed this box up.

I am wondering when they will just offer the standard Lore bag. I'd like to see the other color ways they will offer.

I *think* I remember hearing that the black/orange, forest/orange, and navy/tan will be available along with the blue/white
Cool. I don't hate the black and red, but my other bags (Grip B and C) are both orange, so I'd likely head in that direction. I guess time will tell, just don't know how much time!

I assume not til after worlds, since they have that special edition one for worlds.

My Drew Lore shipped yesterday!

Looks like first run will have the blue/white, and Heimburg and Catrina colorways.

I love the red/black, sine I'm also a Sabres fan (Goathead ftw)

Latest posts