• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational- still spots available!

Dana

Double Eagle Member
PDGA A-tier
May 22-24
Bayonet Golf Course in Seaside, CA
More info/register- www.stjudediscgolf.com
All divisions still have spots available!

The inaugural St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational will bring together a unique partnership between St. Jude, the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) and the international disc golf community. Proceeds from this event will benefit St. Jude, where no family ever receives a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food. Help St. Jude Children's Research Hospital change the way the world treats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.

For more than 50 years, children from around the world have come to St. Jude, where physicians and scientists have pioneered treatments that have helped push overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20 percent when the hospital opened in 1962 to 80 percent today. Because of St. Jude supporters, like you, countless children have enjoyed a lifetime of moments they might otherwise have missed.

Register today for this exciting tournament and start fundraising for the kids of St. Jude!

Stopped by the St Jude today, super long course on a ball golf course that Jussi designed, targeting Simon's arm, but Simon was all over the place, OB, trees, etc.

On a big ball golf course, 500+ foot drives do not quite have the same visual effect, but hats off to Will S., in first place, used controlled distance and putting to nail down -6, which gives him a 3 shot lead over Uli. Eagle Wynne McMahon made it, shot even on the monster course, tied Feldy.

Heck yea Simon shot a 963 rated 74 today. Will had the hot hand and only 10 guys shot under par.
Hope someone was taping this tourney. Paige leading the ladies. Must be a pretty tough course.

Val wins a playoff against Catrina to win FPO, Big Jerm currently has a one-shot lead from the chase card. Solid action.

This thing is getting tight and I can't help but think McBeth is on the verge of closing again. He's two off the lead with three to play for him and four for the leaders. Rico is crushing a -6 today to tie Schusterick.

Really surprised they called it in. Hopefully we get some video of the exchange and a close up of the line. Did they make it grass in bounds, or sand out of bounds? Unless there was a blade of grass there, it looks like the latter.

Really surprised they called it in. Hopefully we get some video of the exchange and a close up of the line. Did they make it grass in bounds, or sand out of bounds? Unless there was a blade of grass there, it looks like the latter.

Just for the record, a blade of grass does not matter if the disc is completely surrounded by OB.

However, like you said, we need to know what the players were told was supposed to be the OB line since there is not a painted line or a string. It looks like it is not the grass line based on that picture.

Out of curiosity, was any of the prize money donated? I imagine there would be a bit of pressure to do so. Or is the prize money considered an incentive to raise funds for such events?

Out of curiosity, was any of the prize money donated? I imagine there would be a bit of pressure to do so. Or is the prize money considered an incentive to raise funds for such events?

The event raised over $200K for St Judes before anyone was paid out. There should not have been any pressure on any of the players to donate even a penny of their winnings. Not to mention that most, if not all of the players raised additional charity funds independent of whatever percentage of their entry fee was a donation.

Having said that, any players who donated any portion of their winnings should be commended for their generosity. Those that didn't shouldn't be questioned, however.

The event raised over $200K for St Judes before anyone was paid out. There should not have been any pressure on any of the players to donate even a penny of their winnings. Not to mention that most, if not all of the players raised additional charity funds independent of whatever percentage of their entry fee was a donation.

Having said that, any players who donated any portion of their winnings should be commended for their generosity. Those that didn't shouldn't be questioned, however.

Not questioning anything, just curious. I'm unfamiliar with pro charity events, but it makes sense given the number of prizes I've seen given out at other charity events. Whatever gets people to donate to a good cause.

Just for the record, a blade of grass does not matter if the disc is completely surrounded by OB.

However, like you said, we need to know what the players were told was supposed to be the OB line since there is not a painted line or a string. It looks like it is not the grass line based on that picture.

I saw a closer photo floating around, and the blade of grass seemed to have saved him.

Considering Will won by 2 strokes the OB call is kind of irrelevant, however I think it was BS. If people want to stretch their imagination you can look for blades of grass or w/e, but he was clearly OB. Its not that difficult to see where the bunker started. I'd rather see him take his stroke with dignity, and win by one. Feel like he was handed a freebie just for being bullish about his placement.

Jussi mentioned repeatedly in the DG Guy's preview vid that this course was "the future of disc golf." If the future of disc golf is throwing nothing but full out wide open drives on ball golf courses, then I won't be playing/watching for much longer. Just my personal opinion of course...

Jussi mentioned repeatedly in the DG Guy's preview vid that this course was "the future of disc golf." If the future of disc golf is throwing nothing but full out wide open drives on ball golf courses, then I won't be playing/watching for much longer. Just my personal opinion of course...

Hear, hear :hfive:

Over half the NTs are snoozefests because watching 18 hyzers in a row gets boring. The Master's Cup and Mapel Hill are my favorite to watch.

Yeah I agree completely about the courses. The wide open courses are really NOT fun to watch, or play for that matter.

Latest posts