• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Stable Discraft fairway?

This is the one slot that Discraft is really missing. I think the Tracker is the closest you'll get if it has to be Discraft. I didn't like the Predator for the same reason as the Force. They are both too tall and it's really uncomfortable to throw them FH.

aren't 2013 ace race discs stable?

The AR Mantis is pretty stable at shorter distances. But once you get to 280 and above they are straight, and even show some turn. They still have a nice fade though at the end. But DC changed the mold for the production run, and they are now even less stable than the AR version.

Ti Stalkers are very Teebird like in flight. I have heard, though not thrown so can't guaranty, that Cryztal Z are even more stable than Ti.

The AR Mantis is pretty stable at shorter distances. But once you get to 280 and above they are straight, and even show some turn. They still have a nice fade though at the end. But DC changed the mold for the production run, and they are now even less stable than the AR version.

I have wanted to try the AR Mantis and never picked up one.

I have a big stamp production Mantis and it is a good flyer and seems to have a decent amount of glide too. The flight is more River like and can fly some nice understable distance lines but I was hoping to have a more straight/stable to fade flight to fill that role in the bag. I already have a multi weight fleet of Rivers and the Mantis did not make the bag.

What about the XL ? Where does it fit in DC's flight chart?

I was going to mention the XL. They're along the lines of an Eagle X that's broken in. I threw a few ESP and FLX XL's back in the day. Compared to the Stalker, they are longer, faster, with more glide, but a little more high speed turn.

It's been a few years since I've thrown either mold, but going off memory I'd rate them something like...

Stalker: 6.5/4.5/0/2
XL: 8/5/-1/2

i wouldn't get an SP tsunami though. from what i remember during my brief stint with them, those things were hella OS.

Agreed I used one for thumbers when they came out the proline were much more manageable and a great for O.H. & Fh shots good all around utility driver....i got to stop or the firebirds coming back out the bag

I have wanted to try the AR Mantis and never picked up one.

I have a big stamp production Mantis and it is a good flyer and seems to have a decent amount of glide too. The flight is more River like and can fly some nice understable distance lines but I was hoping to have a more straight/stable to fade flight to fill that role in the bag. I already have a multi weight fleet of Rivers and the Mantis did not make the bag.

What about the XL ? Where does it fit in DC's flight chart?

My FLX XL was more stable than the TI stalker.. used it on some nice straight to fade lines with a touch of hyzer release.

Ti Stalkers are very Teebird like in flight. I have heard, though not thrown so can't guaranty, that Cryztal Z are even more stable than Ti.

The Cryztal Z Stalkers I've thrown have been glidier than Ti with more fade

XL's can be all over the place in terms of stability. Some of the older Z runs were borderline overstable but lacked glide. The newer Zs I have thrown are just stable/understable with lots of glide. FLX ESPs are a crap shoot on stabilitY and glide.

no mention of the XS? I remember it being very straight but been years since ive thrown one.

Doesn't XS = "extra straight"? and XL = "extra long"?

The Tracker is what you're looking for. From an Eagle thrower that went to DGA, I will say the Tracker is what you're looking for. The old ones are the best. Old Z, ESP (hard to find yet my favorite) or 05 Players Cup (Pricey) are the best runs. The current Z runs are too overstable and have similar to flight of a predator which is very unfortunate.

The Tsunami will be closer to a Banshee Replacement if you get a Proline.

Experience: DGA Pro

I used to use Z Wildcats for that shot. Unfortunately, those are oop, but they do make them in X plastic.

I used to throw a z wildact until I lost it in the snow. What a great disc! Too bad it is out of production. It was long and controllable. Felt great fh and BH thin and flat top if I remember correctly. These should come back.

Try to find ESP Trackers. Or the Elite X kind. Both are OOP but great. Stalkers are good, but not as long in my opinion.

Doss has some Predators that look like my Pro Leopard in the air. I imagine it takes forever to get them there, but probably not as long to get a Teebird-y one.

Y'all are making me want to try a Tracker though. My CyrZtal Stalker is my current HSS Teebird type disc but it doesn't go as far as a TB for the same power/line.

Latest posts