• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stafford Woods in NJ needs your help!

This is awful to hear. It's one of my favorite local courses. I know a lot of volunteer blood, sweat, and tears when into it. Signed.

Played there Apr 2021. Great course that oozes grass roots effort/tons of volunteer time.

This just sounds like a case of an adjacent property owner having some sort of axe to grind/bug up his rectum.

This is the course that my friends and I play most often because it is well-situated in the middle of all of us, and there are some great eateries just around the corner. Signed for sure.

Long FB post last night from the Course Designer/Builder... basically they are going to need a variance for the place to survive and the folks who can help with that are the politicians holding state offices.

The info:
The only was forward is to appeal to the local New Jersey District 6 Representatives, and their information is listed below. Please send your emails telling your personal story of why you come to Stafford Woods Disc Golf Course to the following people:
6th district Senator
James Beach
[email protected]
(856) 429-1572

6th district assemblyman
Louis D Greenwald
[email protected]
(856) 435-1247

6th district assemblywoman
Pamela R Lampitt
[email protected]
(856) 435-1247

This is also a website link to contact the District 6 representatives:
https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/.../310/senator-beach/contact
By now most of you have likely signed the petition, please take a few minutes to reach out to those that can affect change for the positive.

Thanks for the link discNDav. Incredibly well-written and informative article. Haven't seen journalism like that in years!

I thought this passage was particularly cool:

"I get that it appears I am stepping outside of my normal writing style and leaning towards an opinion… but it does fit my concerns from day one of starting this website that the government works for the people, and communication at the local and State level is severely lacking in these modern times."

Signed, wonderful course. It was worth the drive from north Philly back when it was a 9er.

Kudos to Chris Villa, Matt Bell, and other discers for speaking out in support of Stafford in little spots at the start of some of the Gatekeeper Media coverage of 2023 Worlds. Thought that was pretty cool.

FB indicates a truce between the neighboring property owner and the disc golf club. It appears that the dispute involved players trespassing for OB discs, including damaging a fence. But it also sounds like maybe the employees of the winery weren't cool either.

THE THREAT STILL EXISTS - waiting to see if the State is going through with pulling the course.

you can help by emailing the following representatives showing your support of disc golf and the care of the land by the local volunteers:

6th district Senator
James Beach
[email protected]
6th district assemblyman
Louis D Greenwald
[email protected]
6th district assemblywoman
Pamela R Lampitt
[email protected]
Voorhees Mayor
Michael Mignogna
[email protected]