• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star katana

Dglaxbrad

So I recently purchased a star katana and it has the stats -2 turn 3 fade in the print on the disc instead of the regular -3 turn 3 fade...did I get a misprint or some other type of katana that I didn't not know about?? Please help me!!!

Yeah they did the same thing with the boss. I had a champion -1, 3 and just bought another 0, 3 high grade plastic is more overstable

Yeah they did the same thing with the boss. I had a champion -1, 3 and just bought another 0, 3 high grade plastic is more overstable

IRRC the Bosses were first rated at 0, 3 because there was nothing more stable than them at the time, then the Ape came out with more HSS and they changed the Boss's numbers. Could be wrong tho.

Speaking of the Ape, I was just thinking there needs to be a Star version, or Starlite.
Somebody wanna zip over to the Ask Dave D thread and see if its in the works ?

I've had Champion Katanas and only 1 star Katana but my experience was that the Star was MUCH more overstable than the Champions...

I've had Champion Katanas and only 1 star Katana but my experience was that the Star was MUCH more overstable than the Champions...

Katana has been my driver of choice for sweet S curves for over a year. I haven't thrown a current production Star for over a year now, but by two champs are definitely more overstable than my first run startanas. Though, I don't throw the champs at all really. I have a flippy Pro for flippy distance drives, and a 1st run startana for really long S curves.. The Prodigy D4 is everything I wanted my Champ Katanas to be.

so the D4 is a katana? i might need to try it out.

i really like the pro katana...is this still produced? i have a proto star one and it flies great just wondering if i should stick with katanas or go with antoher mold like D4.

I have thrown Star Katanas that didn't seem to have any turn to them at all.

IRRC the Bosses were first rated at 0, 3 because there was nothing more stable than them at the time, then the Ape came out with more HSS and they changed the Boss's numbers. Could be wrong tho.

The Boss had -1, 3 on them before the Ape even came out. Lately, they changed the numbers to 0, 3 on the Champ Bosses because champ is more overstable, but they are now MUCH more flippy than the old ones...That's Innova for ya.

Last edited: